• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

21 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

2010s...the decade for Christmas barbecues, Christmas shorts, and Christmas yard games...

Out of the last 9 years, Roc only had 3 years without snow on the ground on Christmas Day.  Not too shabby and not nearly as bad as our memory wants to think it was....

Roc had 2" on the ground in 2018

Roc had 6" on the ground in 2017

Roc had 3" on the ground in 2016

Roc had no snow on the ground in 2015

Roc had no snow on the ground in 2014

Roc had 2" on the ground 2013

Roc had 2" on the ground 2012

Roc had no snow on the ground in 2011

Roc had 4" on the ground in 2010

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

On both sides of the specific Christmas morning...it was mild. I remember coming back to Redfield between Christmas and New Year's to rain, mud, and grass showing. Break out the horseshoes!

Must be a Redfield thing lol

I have pictures from the next couple days as well and it looked no different. 

Actually I have pics of snow around Christmas all 4 winters I've been here..

12 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Out of the last 9 years, Roc only had 3 years without snow on the ground on Christmas Day.  Not too shabby and not nearly as bad as our memory wants to think it was....

Roc had 2" on the ground in 2018

Roc had 6" on the ground in 2017

Roc had 3" on the ground in 2016

Roc had no snow on the ground in 2015

Roc had no snow on the ground in 2014

Roc had 2" on the ground 2013

Roc had 2" on the ground 2012

Roc had no snow on the ground in 2011

Roc had 4" on the ground in 2010

Interesting! Thanks for the stats. I have spent most of this decade in either Michigan or Pennsylvania during Christmas...and my memories of Christmas scenery are dull, barren landscapes. I have a jet stream of my own that forces snowstorms away... lol 

• Haha 2

Most might as well say goodbye to all this snow that's been building mainly because of its consistency. It may be able to hold most of what falls but wind and high Dp's, that's called a snow eater, and I don't think we see that but there is the possibility that most of us will see grass by tomorrow evening.

Does anyone realise that the Tug hasn't seen one, NOT ONE, intense single band yet this fall and that's absolutely F'in NUTS and almost scary to a point!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BW this one's for you...i watched 4 and 7 today for our local "mets" word on the lake effect. Both channels never have the Wednesday band further north than 20A. I laughed at the girl on 4 because she at least realized how asinine this was and still as I the lake snow would reach the metro and drop 2 to 5...the girl on 7? Clueless as they come saying nothing for the metro and 1 to 3 as far north as 20A...i want don Paul back...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

BW this one's for you...i watched 4 and 7 today for our local "mets" word on the lake effect. Both channels never have the Wednesday band further north than 20A. I laughed at the girl on 4 because she at least realized how asinine this was and still as I the lake snow would reach the metro and drop 2 to 5...the girl on 7? Clueless as they come saying nothing for the metro and 1 to 3 as far north as 20A...i want don Paul back...

They're useless, get better info on here. Honestly I haven't watched any weather segment in months. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

With this start to winter, that wouldn’t be surprising. I hope that isn’t the case. I really love a white Christmas. 

We were saved by a literal last minute localized LES or hybrid thing IMBY last Xmas eve. Was several inches as I recall.  At least we have more of a chance of that sort of white Xmas pop-up salvation than most areas...

51 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

We were saved by a literal last minute localized LES or hybrid thing IMBY last Xmas eve. Was several inches as I recall.  At least we have more of a chance of that sort of white Xmas pop-up salvation than most areas...

Yeah. I can recall a couple last minute saves. One was a tiny clipper that came down from Georgian Bay. The other was an extra long tail coming from some Buffalo LE. 

Had to go a funeral in PA today. Just got back. Solid snow cover from just north of Binghamton and up. Downtown Syracuse is looking pretty sparse snow-wise. Once I got up here in the northern parts of the northern suburbs, it was 5 degrees colder than downtown with about a (5 inch?) snow/ice pack remaining. I think that sleet from last weekend is helping to preserve some of our pack.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

People get so worked up over anomalies like we live in NYC or something. 

My avg high is like 28/29 , we can afford a little warmth lol

NYC gets 27" a year with a split of 39/26 lol

I lived in NYC for several years. The number of 50 degree rainers they get in winter would send us to the nuthouse. A top 10% season for them is a bottom 10% season for us.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WNash said:

I lived in NYC for several years. The number of 50 degree rainers they get in winter would send us to the nuthouse. A top 10% season for them is a bottom 10% season for us.

Our average high is 38/26 right now. We actually only average 32 or below for a high temp in KBUF from Jan 3rd to Feb 8th. That's why its tough to sustain a good snow pack here. I do agree with you, our winters make almost everyones winters look bad, especially for bigger cities.

• Like 1

So tomorrow looks to start out wnw of some sort before the band breaks apart and re-forms on a SW flow ahead of the clipper.. Wednesday is more up in the air as some models (rgem, Ggem, icon etc)  are now keeping this more Westerly-wsw out ahead of another northern stream disturbance.. Previous runs had a NW flow developing. I love the unpredictability of lake effect lol 

P1_GZ_D5_PN_060_0000 (2).gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_066_0000.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

So tomorrow looks to start out wnw of some sort before the band breaks apart and re-forms on a SW flow ahead of the clipper.. Wednesday is more up in the air as some models (rgem, Ggem, icon etc)  are now keeping this more Westerly-wsw out ahead of another northern stream disturbance.. Previous runs had a NW flow developing. I love the unpredictability of lake effect lol 

P1_GZ_D5_PN_060_0000 (2).gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_066_0000.gif

Yeah I don't know what to think about this event lol

• Haha 1