• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Can’t beat up on Allen after that game. Everyone always bashes his stat line... well he had more completions and more yards and less interceptions than the possible league MVP did today. WGR threw out a crazy stat line that out of Allen’s 39 attempts he was blitzed on 30 of them. The kid got the snot beat out of him today, the line played like garbage and Dabol didn’t adjust the game plan to counter this at all! Oh wait he did when we ran it 7 straight plays and marched down the field... but then back to the same old crap next drive. 1st and goal from the 1... Let Allen jump the pile for the TD!!!! Nope put old man Gore in and call a sweep play... I missed most of the 1st quarter so didn’t see the overthrows but later in the game his deep shots were actually pretty accurate the receivers just couldn’t make the plays. And yeah he took a lot of sacks today but I’d rather see that then winging the ball up there for a possible interception. Overall just a bad offensive game plan and a lack of execution. Defense though... They looked great!

• Like 1

Thing that stings the most is how typical of a “Buffalo” game that was. Played most of the game horribly but somehow managed to stay in it. We finally find a spark late in the game, pull off a few crazy plays to get ever so close to winning... and then bam get smacked right in the face back to reality.

That and how we complained about the refs for 58 minutes of the game and then they hand us half the field in penalty yards on the last drive and we just couldn’t take advantage of it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I will agree with you he has to get better throwing the ball away especially when in field goal range to make sure your not pushing your team out of field goal range. He missed some throws he could have made but regardless of why his receivers still had key drops in key moments. Him missing the wide open receivers seemed more like miscommunication of where his receiver was going to be in his route than just flat out throwing errantly. Like I said before I’m not saying he didn’t have a bad game but there’s way more blame here then just Allen. The entire offense including Dabolls play calling was not good at all. How many times did we go 3 and out with a predictable run on 1st down, run on 2nd down, throw on 3rd and long and then punt? Numerous times, including right after the Edmunds interception. To me that’s poor play calling and certainly has an effect on what they can do when Baltimore knows what they are going to do and can bring the house on a Blitz knowing it’s going to throw Allen off with poor blocking up front...

Yeah and the predictable screen passes for a loss of 2, he did that 3 times this game. You knew it was coming every time. He is the weak link in our coaching staff.

4 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Can’t beat up on Allen after that game. Everyone always bashes his stat line... well he had more completions and more yards and less interceptions than the possible league MVP did today. WGR threw out a crazy stat line that out of Allen’s 39 attempts he was blitzed on 30 of them. The kid got the snot beat out of him today, the line played like garbage and Dabol didn’t adjust the game plan to counter this at all! Oh wait he did when we ran it 7 straight plays and marched down the field... but then back to the same old crap next drive. 1st and goal from the 1... Let Allen jump the pile for the TD!!!! Nope put old man Gore in and call a sweep play... I missed most of the 1st quarter so didn’t see the overthrows but later in the game his deep shots were actually pretty accurate the receivers just couldn’t make the plays. And yeah he took a lot of sacks today but I’d rather see that then winging the ball up there for a possible interception. Overall just a bad offensive game plan and a lack of execution. Defense though... They looked great!

They'll QB sneak on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 2 all the time but on 1st and goal from the 6 inch line they try a sweep to the left off tackle! That really had me irked. 

• Like 1

I'm not much of a football expert so I'm sure someone could show me incorrect going through the plays but here is my 2 cents.

Allen seems like he can get himself over worked up to start the game, he is obviously very passionate and that is a good thing(unlike a cam newton) but he will over throw balls early on.  He gets better as the game goes on which shows up with how well he does in the 4th. He is still growing as a player and I'm almost positive that the more games he plays the more this will go away.

Allen can hang on to the ball and try and do to much, which i think has been getting better but still a work in progress. I know the ravens have a good D line but are O-line was a complete joke. If he wasn't sacked or moved out from the pocket they still got to him while trying to complete a pass on what seemed like most plays. I was really hoping to see some adjustments after the half but if they made any I couldn't really tell watching on tv. 

The drops need to really really really stop already. They are 3rd in the league with most dropped passes and I'm pretty sure that was before the game. When the ball is going literally right through your hands it's simply not acceptable at this level. We badly need some more help with WR and we are so lucky that injuries haven't really been a thing but imagine Cole or Brown being out a few games. 

Defense did as they have all season and props to them for keeping the game close.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Taken from the Bills forums but this is a good break down on Allen today, he was pretty bad.

"Allen was downright awful in the first half.  While Baltimore's defense got pressure at times and even caused a fumble, Allen still had plenty of throws with time and to guys who were open.  On the first three drives, he had a player open 20+ yards down field and missed him by almost 5+ yards each time.  On two of them, I got the impression that Allen was assuming the receiver was going to break a different way.  Regardless, two of them could have gone for touchdowns.  If he hit even one of them, it's a very different game.  In the second half, Allen had at least two plays where he held onto the ball for 5+ seconds and took a sack.  one of them knocked us out of Field Goal range today.  But like I said earlier, others contributed to his bad game with key drops.  Knox dropped a pass because he was already looking downfield, but we still got 3.  Singletary dropped one because he got excited about the open field ahead of him if he could beat one guy.  Beasley technically dropped a deep pass, that yes a millionaire receiver should catch, but was still not easy.  Overall, Allen hits just 10% more of his passes and we are either tied at the end or winning.  He played bad against a good defense and I think even he will tell you that.  but again, we had the ball with a chance to tie by the end."

That sack at the end of the game...We were 3rd and 3 and he took a sack that resulted in a 14 yard loss. You have 2 plays to get 3 yards...He HAS to get better at throwing the ball away.

Not to be the one that mentioned it to you earlier but Josh is a game manager. And what Th at means is he can make enough plays to help win a game but he needs a supporting cast to do it. If it weren't for this defense that plays lights out ball week in and week out, Josh would not be able to put the team on his back and throw for 380 and 4 tds to either win games or get into shoot outs with other qb's. He's the best we've had of a mediocre bunch but I believe this is what you'll get in his career.

• Confused 1

Back to the weather...which looks to be as bad as the bills offense yesterday right through Christmas. I think what's most concerning to me is we aren't torching but with each storm system we appear to be on the warm side. There isn't a strong Bermuda high and I know there isn't a -NAO or -AO to help suppress these systems a but and keep them from cutting to our west

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Went to a house party last night in Lancaster, was shocked at how much snow they had on the ground there and the piles. We've had just grass here for awhile. They must have gotten hit pretty hard from that LES event. Went to the Bills game today, they played so well against the best team in the NFL. This team is actually legit, if Allen played decently we win that game. Lake effect event looks lamer every model run. :thumbsdown:

Yep my snow pack is still there even this morning. Today might kill it off though. It was 8" of some of the densest snow ive ever moved. My tractor couldnt move it, and I have a frakenstein blower with a 13hp motor that normally flies through anything that I had to back off the speed on.

Bills can win against anyone in the league this year, Allen just needs to settle down. I think he was worked up over this game.

• Like 1

Wednesday a mid level trough and associated clipper low will pass
well north of the area, with the clipper cold front crossing the
eastern Great Lakes during the mid to late afternoon. The cold front
itself will do little, with nothing more than a few light snow
showers. It will introduce a more favorable lake effect environment
however. Convergence along the advancing cold front will merge with
pre-existing lake induced convergence over both lakes, resulting in
intensifying bands of lake effect snow. Lake induced equilibrium
levels will briefly rise to 10-12K feet with the passage of the
clipper as moisture improves and a pool of cold air aloft crosses
the eastern Great Lakes. A favorably deep mixed phase layer will be
located within the cloud bearing layer, yielding dendritic growth.

Off Lake Erie...

Expect a band of relatively light lake effect snow showers to move
north out of the Southern Tier and across Buffalo in the morning,
ending up north of Buffalo across the Northtowns and Niagara County
by late morning. This band will begin to move back south and east
across the area by early to mid afternoon as the cold front reaches
eastern Lake Erie. The band will intensify as it crosses the Buffalo
area from a boost of synoptic support from the cold front, and
increasing lake induced instability. The strong band will then move
onshore from Buffalo all the way down to Chautauqua County and push
inland through the Southern Tier through the late afternoon. The
band of snow will continue for a few hours across the western
Southern Tier Wednesday evening before quickly weakening as
inversion heights lower, shear increases, and moisture decreases
with high pressure building over Lake Erie.

The fast pace of the southward band drift will greatly limit
accumulations, even though the band of snow may become quite heavy.
Early estimates suggest 2-4 inches from the Buffalo Metro area into
portions of Genesee County, and 3-5 inches across the higher terrain
of Southern Erie/Wyoming counties into the Chautauqua Ridge. Even
though amounts will be limited, if the brief burst of heavy snow
materializes it would produce very difficult travel for a few hours.
Winds will also gust 30-35 knots around this time, producing blowing
and drifting snow.

Off Lake Ontario...

Expect a similar trend just a few hours later. Tuesday morning
disorganized lake effect snow showers over the lake will push to the
northeast end to near Kingston Ontario, possibly clipping Cape
Vincent in northern Jefferson County. The band of snow will then
intensify during the mid to late afternoon as the cold front
approaches and synoptic support/instability improve. This
intensifying band of snow will then move southeast across Jefferson
County, crossing the Tug Hill region during the evening. The band
will reach maximum intensity during this time frame as the best lake
parameters line up with a period of upslope flow across the Tug
Hill. The band will continue to march steadily southeast overnight,
with a WNW to ESE oriented band of weakening lake snow moving into
northern Cayuga/Wayne counties. A few snow showers may also clip the
south shore farther west overnight from eastern Niagara to Monroe
counties as boundary layer flow veers.

Similar to Lake Erie, the short residence time of the band in any
one location will limit accumulations. Expect 2-4 or 3-5 inches
across the lower elevations of the eastern Lake Ontario region, with
up to 6 inches across the Tug Hill Plateau. Wayne and northern
Cayuga counties may see a few inches overnight. While amounts are
not overly impressive, this band may produce difficult travel for a
few hours with heavy snow and 30-35 knot wind gusts producing
blowing and drifting.

Thursday a few lake effect snow showers may linger in the morning
southeast of Lake Ontario with minor additional accumulations. High
pressure will then build east across the eastern Great Lakes, ending
the lake effect snow and bringing some partial clearing

14 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Does anyone else see the strange numbers here compared to the AFD itself? Map says 4 to 6 the AFD says 2 to 4...guess those 2 Mets didn't speak to each other.

Yeah, I noticed that too..

They kinda did the same east of Ontario..

Calling for 3'-5" lower elevations and 6"+ tug, but they have 6+ from here to Sandy Creek which is lower elevations. 

18 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Do warnings count as verification? Lol

Just saying, central NY has had more WSW then anyone aside from upper peninsula of Michigan. Storms are going to track all over the place, you'll never get a consistent storm track each time. Still you're above average this year in snowfall. 

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Let the PAC flow through you. 

Week 3-4 Outlooks - Temperature Probability

I haven't been overly impressed with the CPC the last 2 month's...the CPC touted November warm...wrong...they touted December warm and to this point wrong...there will be a lot of variability the next 2 eweeks but I'm not certain it equates to AN temps in the mean.