Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

18 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I guess Fulton now does well with a west wind lol

They are forecast more than me tonight lol

Snow. Areas of blowing snow before midnight. Low around 19. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 8 to 13 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Wait i thought you used to live in Fulton, you moved?:lol:

• Haha 1

4.0” on the button here at 8am. This is the type of snow that dreams are made of... Pure powder! Could clear my driving with a leaf blower. Took a core off my board to see what these ratios ended up being. Man if someone gets this band to stall for a few hours their going to see warning amounts without a doubt! Nothing better than the color the sky turns when your on the fringe of one of these bands at sunrise! 40mph+ gusts with this type of snow is going to be a huge problem later today.

f7abb9bb1645a6218356e878c9410af1.jpg

a4ba3787dcb9999f7242c449719bed64.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

4.0” on the button here at 8am. This is the type of snow that dreams are made of... Pure powder! Could clear my driving with a leaf blower. Took a core off my board to see what these ratios ended up being. Man if someone gets this band to stall for a few hours their going to see warning amounts without a doubt! Nothing better than the color the sky turns when your on the fringe of one of these bands at sunrise! 40mph+ gusts with this type of snow is going to be a huge problem later today.

f7abb9bb1645a6218356e878c9410af1.jpg

a4ba3787dcb9999f7242c449719bed64.jpg

Same bro I’m about couple of miles NE of you. Solid band but it looks like it’s heading towards the falls so that lake connection will be lost soon. Hopefully 2nd round is even better.

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Measured 3.7" here with round 1. Round 2 should be stronger. 

Looking at the 12z HRRR that band literally sweeps through with the second round. 

6 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Looks like it’s gonna lock in now North Buffalo, Tonawanda, out to Amherst. A Northtowns special maybe? Southward shift isn’t expected until around noon time.

1ad2dd83d2163c77ddc6b360c2831197.gif

Most models have it up to the Ontario shoreline by midday lol you could see that lift on the southern end of it.

HRRR is terrible for LES. 

I always use to say that but that was the one model that hit lasts week mixing mess the best. Had great placement, pretty close on the amounts, and was one of the only models to show the higher amount being well inland. At this point all the meso are the same. Band hangs out north of the north towns through lunch time then plows back through the city sometime between 1pm and 3pm. Afternoon commute might be saved with the timing.

Same bro I’m about couple of miles NE of you. Solid band but it looks like it’s heading towards the falls so that lake connection will be lost soon. Hopefully 2nd round is even better.

Usually these north sweeping bands that get picked up by a front on their trip back south are really impressive but only last 30-45 minutes.

BUF AFD-
The band of snow will make it all the way north to Grand island and
central Niagara/western Orleans counties for a few hours late
morning and midday. The clipper cold front will then capture the
band, and force it to move quickly back to the southeast and across
the Buffalo Metro area through mid afternoon. This south/east moving band will be more intense than the
morning band, given the stronger thermodynamics and added boost of
convergence from the cold front. It will be moving fast however,
only lasting an hour or two at most for any one location.

Depending on the timing I might go down and camp out on the waterfront for the return pass.