• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

If this ends up being mostly of the frozen variety, we're going to get pounded and now I'm beginning to get excited cause it's our first synoptic system and actual winter is still 1.5 months away, lol, so this is all gravy when it comes to amounts. I'm such a degenerate weenie, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

9 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Anybody watching the Panthers/Green Bay game?  They’re getting the beginnings of our storm. The ground is beginning to get covered there.

I am

Enjoy the snow. Living near the lakes is a weenies dream.

I went to Cooperstown last Novenver with my friends and it was snowing pretty good. Total was about 4 inches.

• Like 1

Look up skew t sounding Tim. The x axis shows the temperature profile (Follow at angle) while the y shows the height. Where they cross is the expectation. You want all lines to be under 0 (or -4 to be safe) for snow.

thats my basic understanding. Had to learn it to keep the Fulton people from making a monkey outta me. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I was gonna say let's start another thread for the event like the NYC-Boston crew's do but I just thought more about it and we don't have anywhere near the amount of posters they do, so it would be a waste of a thread.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

They start new threads for a 1-3 inch clipper, or even busts. I like the fact that we act like we have seen snow before, and only start a storm thread when a storm is over 2-3 *feet*.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WNash said:

They start new threads for a 1-3 inch clipper, or even busts. I like the fact that we act like we have seen snow before, and only start a storm thread when a storm is over 2-3 *feet*.

Are you really comparing your climate to ours down here ? 

My average is 27 inches. What's  yours ? 80+?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It’s the greatest winter experience of all time. Being in a strong lake effect band is unmatched.  Come up this year! 

Jesus! That’s nuts.. Closest thing I ever experienced was a meso low that rolled ashore at 3am. Might not of been that strong tho. Your vis looks to be about 50 feet which is insane. 4”/hour?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Jesus! That’s nuts.. Closest thing I ever experienced was a meso low that rolled ashore at 3am. Might not of been that strong tho. Your vis looks to be about 50 feet which is insane. 4”/hour?

This is 5” an hour, it maxed out at 6-7” an hour Where I live. Places north of me got 8-9” an hour at one point. 

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Yeah after experiencing this it’s tough to get excited about synoptic stuff. It just doesn’t compare to being in the middle of a les band. 

14 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Are you really comparing your climate to ours down here ? 

My average is 27 inches. What's  yours ? 80+?

I’m the idiot who loves snow but lives near the Buffalo-Amherst line, where we get less than half of what they see in the southtowns and only 75% of what the airport records just a few miles due east. But an average season here is still way more than the snowiest winters I saw when I lived downstate.

• Like 1