Hwo

Low pressure passing by to the south of the region will produce
widespread snow Thursday and Thursday evening. Temperatures will be
marginal for accumulation during this event, so there remains some
uncertainty with respect to snow amounts. At this time, only light
accumulation is expected at lower elevations, with several inches
possible across the higher terrain south of the Thruway and east of
Lake Ontario.

No snow is the way to go. Our avg for Nov is 9.6" and we are sure to get there but I doubt we see a blockbuster on a NW-WNW flow regime like the last 2 yrs, I hope not anyway, but that's just me. Let the flakes start flying in abundance Dec 1st through April 1st !and I'll be happy come Spring or I'll be ready at least for some sun and warmth!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Theres no getting around the Fact that we're gonna get some wicked squall lines coming through next week with these strong Arctic Fronts so it's gonna snow, its inevitable but the question remains, how much?

That type of cold air with the very warm lakes will produce all sorts of interesting stuff. The front itself, LES, and multiple meso lows...

• Like 1

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Theres no getting around the Fact that we're gonna get some wicked squall lines coming through next week with these strong Arctic Fronts so it's gonna snow, its inevitable but the question remains, how much?

Agreed. And if we can get that Low to blow up and retrograde enough after being blocked there could some crazy wind blown totals further enhanced by the lakes.

Fun times ahead and it’s only early November!

• Like 2

As Delta so eloquently reminded us, that if one of these Mesos comes through, and comes through slow, they can drop 6" in a couple hrs so we're in for some exciting times come next week by this time! These Arctic Fronts are sometimes better than most of the swfe we see during the Winter season, lol!

9 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Models took a turn for the worse eh? Next 2 weeks looks pretty lame and I predict we warm up after that. Still really early but it had great potential. When the cold air enters the US to close to us it is rarely good. Need it to enter near Montana, not Michigan.

Yeah, quite the startling shift in the last 18 hours or so.  To be honest this looks more reasonable and realistic.  And as the WXfreak points out, cold and snowy Novembers rarely work in our favor so perhaps this is all for the best.  Around the 20th it appears that a parade of powerful storms will break down the West Coast Ridge while a strong Bermuda high appears to be setting up for the East Coast.  We might get an Indian Summer week after all.  This is all speculation as the model shifts over the last few days have been drastic (and I'm also looking two weeks out, LOLz)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

I wouldn’t quit on the anafront early next week.  They can be finicky and with the right timing we could see appreciable snow. 

I think we also got a bit spoiled last November with almost 11" at KBUF. I also think as that timeframe nears and things become clearer we might enjoy an over achiever snow event during that time.

If the GOOFUS is correct the "warm up" after next week's cold snap lasts about 5 days then heading towards the week of Thanksgiving it gets much colder again...i gotta be honest I hope we don't see the same transient temps we had last winter save for 2 weeks in January...although we do appear to have plenty is systems to deal with

3 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, quite the startling shift in the last 18 hours or so.  To be honest this looks more reasonable and realistic.  And as the WXfreak points out, cold and snowy Novembers rarely work in our favor so perhaps this is all for the best.  Around the 20th it appears that a parade of powerful storms will break down the West Coast Ridge while a strong Bermuda high appears to be setting up for the East Coast.  We might get an Indian Summer week after all.  This is all speculation as the model shifts over the last few days have been drastic (and I'm also looking two weeks out, LOLz)

Im all for the cold this time of the year. I dont live right beside a lake anymore but on the Niagara Peninsula. The quicker Lake Erie and Lake Ontario cool down the better prospects for system snow. The warm lakes radiate heat miles inland hampering most early season events in the GTA and Downtown Buffalo. 

Also heading down to Nicaragua on the 22nd, so if we have to indian summer for a week id rather it happen when im down south haha   

• Like 1