Details from the 2:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 2.3 inches

New Liquid: 0.14 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 16.4

Snow Density: 6.1% H2O

Temperature: 25.0 F

Sky: Light Snow (4 to 12 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 3.0 inches

Have to wait to see what Alex measured,  but I feel like the results will be similar

11 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Have to wait to see what Alex measured,  but I feel like the results will be similar

My next set of observations is at 8:00 P.M., so we’ll see where we are at that point.  We picked up about another half inch since my earlier observations, but that larger flakes wound down and we’ve had just lighter snow with small flakes since then.  If that banding that PF mentioned moves over toward the mountains here I suspect the snowfall intensity would pick up though:

17DEC19A.gif

• Like 1

Looks like 4" will be my total.  Im at 18" for the season.  At least the bare ground is now covered.  Even though it will warm up a bit next week still in the mid 30's for highs.  Not warm enough to melt 4" so it looks like a white Christmas.  

No big storms in sight but looking forward to some squalls tomorrow.  Maybe add an 1" or so.

• Like 1

Event totals: 4.2” Snow/0.26” L.E.

We had one final batch of snow move through in the late evening, and things have mostly cleared out this morning, so above are the final snow and liquid numbers for this event.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 1.3 inches

New Liquid: 0.05 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 26.0

Snow Density: 3.8% H2O

Temperature: 20.5 F

Sky: Mostly Clear

Snow at the stake: 4.5 inches

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some incredible snow growth with these blossoming snow showers.  Like 1” diameter fluff flakes.  Stacking up like potato chips in a bag...half air.

Yeah, liquid analyses will be interesting today.  It looks like we’ve got some more potent pulses of moisture pushing into the area now:

18DEC19A.gif

Event totals: 0.8” Snow/0.26” L.E.

I ran an analysis on the snow we’ve seen thus far this afternoon, and indeed it came in quite dry as PF was mentioning.  We do have some additional snow falling now with the next slug of moisture coming into the area, so we’ll see what the evening brings with respect to any additional accumulations.

Details from the 4:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.8 inches

New Liquid: 0.01 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 80.0

Snow Density: 1.3% H2O

Temperature: 27.5 F

Sky: Light Snow (1 to 2 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 4.5 inches

18 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Got the squall warning too. Drive through some heavy snow around exit 6. Visibility down to 1/2-3/4 mile for a time and the roads started to get pretty covered. No wind to speak of though. Didn’t seem like a true squall though. About an inch or so of accumulation at home. 

7 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Got the same thing, don't remember seeing that before.

My phone just went nuts again and I got an updated one – it says it goes to 5:45 P.M.