Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Convective Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Going to be a tight window but it could be pretty widespread...even despite the weak mid-level lapse rates. Not to beat the bat with the dead horse, but if we are able to get 2500 J/KG of MLCAPE...I think that's the magic value. 

Where's @OceanStWx been????????????

ML lapse rates don't appear that bad? At least to be a major concern. Of course a stout EML wouldn't hurt

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

No tornadoes suck, especially anything stronger than an EF-0.  Now that I have witnessed a strong EF-1 tornado, in fact, it was a max EF-1 tornado, I don't want to lose power ever again.  It was awful losing power for just 24 hours, parts of my town lost power for three days.

This reads like a humble brag.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

ML lapse rates don't appear that bad? At least to be a major concern. Of course a stout EML wouldn't hurt

Signals are conflicting...there is a chance they could be like 6-6.5...which is not bad for around here but they could be closer to 5.5 if there is a lot of crap. 

Anyways...as long as we can destabilize and not have to worry about that the high dews should compensate 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Signals are conflicting...there is a chance they could be like 6-6.5...which is not bad for around here but they could be closer to 5.5 if there is a lot of crap. 

Anyways...as long as we can destabilize and not have to worry about that the high dews should compensate 

The individual model runs and data are conflicting but I'd expect ~6c roughly, which is serviceable. Any lower would hurt though, all things consodered.

8 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

This page ... disturbing to say the least, I wait for the day when one of you damage cheerleaders has to file an insurance claim bc of "an act of God"

Oh, It will happen, One of those gypsy moth infested oaks will end up on the dining room table, And you will be able to have a nice bowl of larvae with sweet and sour sauce.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Very disturbing stuff, wishing damage and destruction upon people wishing for damage and destruction.

How about wishing damage and destruction upon people wishing for damage and destruction against people who wish for damage and destruction?

I'm visiting a relative up in New England on Saturday so it should be nice n cool up there. Relief from this endless torch down here.

...New England into the northern Mid-Atlantic...
   While the vertical ascent and enhanced flow aloft with the shortwave
   described in the synopsis will remain predominantly north of the
   region, a low-amplitude, lead shortwave trough (currently moving
   through the OH Valley) is expected to move into New England this
   afternoon. Warm and unstable air mass will be in place ahead of this
   shortwave, and the expectation is for multiple bands of convection
   to move across the region this afternoon. Some modest strengthening
   of the low-level flow (i.e. around 30-35 kt at 850 mb) is
   anticipated ahead of this shortwave trough, lengthening hodographs
   and contributing to 0-1 km SRH around 100-150 m2/s2. Overall, wind
   profiles support occasional supercell structures within
   predominantly linear multicells. Primary severe threat will be
   damaging wind gusts but isolated hail and a tornado or two are also
   possible.

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

the mesos have been pretty horrific the past week with convection...not just here in the Northeast either. So much inconsistency...anyways I think there is room today to get some discrete cells going. CT could actually be a hot spot today

We hope! Storm in the distance  now