• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

No blockbuster snows recently, but also no thaws for a few weeks.  It’s amazing what that can do to build a snowpack.  Mid-winter conditions on Tug Hill and into the Adirondacks for snowmobilers....which are significantly better than the conditions that actually occurred during “mid-winter.” 

-8°, -7°, -10°, -9° the last four mornings in the northern Catskills.  Pond has been frozen consistently since Nov 10th.  I’m curious to see how much longer it stays frozen....

• Like 2

It’s an active pattern. And there is some cold available. Unfortunately, as has been our issue all winter, the progressive jet and lack of blocking just shred everything east of Minnesota. 

I know some of you have been subsidized by good LES events but here in Rochester this winter has been a dud. The one big synoptic system we did have was an underperformer so it actually felt kinda like a let down. 

The padded numbers look ok but it’s been one of my least favorite winters in memory. I was really hoping to get a blockbuster in March but it appears we are running out of time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Gonna be a superb Thursday-Friday this week with temps both days in the upper 50's low 60's!  SAD starting to set in, not good, need Sun bad!

The only SAD setting in is legit sadness because the damn winter is already over.  It just never felt like winter for any prolonged time.  And here we are heading into spring and I never really scratched my winter itch.   :(

• Like 2

The only SAD setting in is legit sadness because the damn winter is already over.  It just never felt like winter for any prolonged time.  And here we are heading into spring and I never really scratched my winter itch.   
I still have a 2-foot snowpack in spots throughout the yard but it's going fast and I expect it to be pretty much gone by the end of the week or perhaps the weekend. I think winter has one last gasp probably the first week second week of April or something we'll get a fluke Nor'easter or something that'll plaster the area with a foot plus of snow and then that'll be it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk