Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
Itstrainingtime

Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

Recommended Posts

It's amazing how consistently above average our lows have been over the past 12 months. Clouds and humidity for the loss...

We’ve “min” our way into a top 10 warmest April. I’m sure we’ve done it a few times these last 18 months


. Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since 2018 we’ve had 6 months with a top 10 min mean, 5 of them a top 5, 3 a top 3, and 1 a number 1


. Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Since 2018 we’ve had 6 months with a top 10 min mean, 5 of them a top 5, 3 a top 3, and 1 a number 1


. Pro

...and there you go. Night after night of low to mid-70s for months last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

...and there you go. Night after night of low to mid-70s for months last year. 

That happened until mid October last year. I remember having over a week of 60-70 degree low temps and was shocked that it still felt like summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Point and click forecast calls for showers every day through next Monday now. Thiis is beyond old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yesterday was fantastic, could i pencil in about 30 days of that..............................in a row!


We get about 10 a year, haha


. Pro
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea exactly how, but my gut says this may be a large piece of the puzzle regarding the last couple years. e471d95cf5e46784f1c411f24c98d37f.jpg140e20fb625791c003c69d38390e77cd.jpg


. Pro

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Voyager said:

Point and click forecast calls for showers every day through next Monday now. Thiis is beyond old.

It really truly doesn't look like we'll get much rain until later Thursday or probably Friday, so there's that... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Yesterday was fantastic, could i pencil in about 30 days of that..............................in a row!

I'll see that and raise you 30.....

Very nice day.  THATS my kind of summer.  Now i need to move about 250 miles due N to get my wish.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It really truly doesn't look like we'll get much rain until later Thursday or probably Friday, so there's that... :)

I hope you're right. Personally I'd like to see a couple nice days in a row for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I hope you're right. Personally I'd like to see a couple nice days in a row for a change.

Yesterday and today are about as good as it gets


. Pro
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be awesome if whomever is in charge can string 3 nice days together, like Friday-Saturday & Sunday. Please and thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

It would be awesome if whomever is in charge can string 3 nice days together, like Friday-Saturday & Sunday. Please and thank you!

Dude, you don't want much, do ya'? I mean THREE whole days in a row...whaddya think this is, San Diego or something? :) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday looks terrible all of a sudden.  Have been taking a hiatus from weather talk but more flooding this weekend is possible and I am tried of it!  LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I have tickets to the Orioles on Sunday. The one day I need it to be not miserable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Yeah. I have tickets to the Orioles on Sunday. The one day I need it to be not miserable. 

I was planning on the first picnic of the season (staying away from eating out on Mothers days) and the NWS AFD makes it sound  bad even at this range.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was planning on the first picnic of the season (staying away from eating on on Mothers days) and the NWS AFD makes it sound  bad even at this range.   

Funny that Sterling noted models showing some stability in high pressure in their CWA. CTP read as depressing as I've ever seen for mid May. I'm over the weekend rains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Yeah. I have tickets to the Orioles on Sunday. The one day I need it to be not miserable. 

As a die-hard O's fan for 40+ years I can almost guarantee a gloomy day is in store for you regardless of the weather...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, canderson said:

Today’s high temp busted 10 degrees above forecast.  

Our thread still says "More snow in the future?" so these anti snow posts are not going to bust my hope for May!  :-)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

As a die-hard O's fan for 40+ years I can almost guarantee a gloomy day is in store for you regardless of the weather...

...and right on cue they broke our hearts once again last night. When you can't get the fundamentals right you have no chance. Tip of the cap to Chris Sale and Jackie Bradley who were the difference. Fun yet maddening game to be at last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Our thread still says "More snow in the future?" so these anti snow posts are not going to bust my hope for May!  :-)

 

 

Sounds like it's time for Bubbler to start the warm season weather thread. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Light drizzle this morning. I wonder how close we are to the record for most days with measurable rainfall? A few areas have gotta be close. Especially last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×