Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
February 12th-14 Redeveloper Nowcast/Obs

Baroclinic Zone

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Regardless this storm brought me solidly over the 100" on the season at home and this season has been lacking our moose fart snowstorms... I think that's why the snow depth days have been so high and why the grass hasn't been seen since November 12th.

If the past 5-8 years are any indication, we don't see this many 1"+ QPF frozen storms... I think that's like 5 so far including November.

Finished with 11.0" from 1.40" LE, ratio just under 8:1, all snow except for perhaps 0.01" of freezing drizzle in the dryslot yesterday late morning.  Woke up with another 0.4" of 40:1 goose down, which I consider a separate event.  Not counting flurries, this year's snowstorms are averaging an 8.3 ratio, which would be the lowest of any winter of my 46 in Maine, with only 2009-10 even close.  (And that winter's low ratio was totally due to the late Feb mushfest.  Delete that event's 10.7" from 2.68" LE and the rest come in at 11.5 to 1.)  I've had 5 mostly snow events with 1"+ LE, plus 4 more between 0.8" and 0.95", also 2 all rain events totaling 3.5".  In the 3.5 months starting Nov. 1, I've measured 18.27" precip.