• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    UniversesBelowNormal
    Newest Member
    UniversesBelowNormal
BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

I don't listen to anyone who doesn't measure properly.  Brian (SYRMAX) and CNYwx are usually spot  on with synoptic so their my default go to guys for proper measurements as their both about 9 miles from me so not much difference in Synoptic but LE is a diff story!

Just now, Charlee4615 said:

We all lifters?!

Well, I think we recognize and want to hide our "nerdiness" of our "over-the-top-obsession" wrt snow....so some of us lift, lol!! 

• Haha 2

I don’t mind occasional measurements or eyeball estimates.  Sure, they aren’t scientific but it’s how most people think about snowfall. 

Ive plunked a yardstick in my front. It won’t pass muster with some of the purists but honestly I could care less. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I don’t mind occasional measurements or eyeball estimates.  Sure, they aren’t scientific but it’s how most people think about snowfall. 

Ive plunked a yardstick in my front. It won’t pass muster with some of the purists but honestly I could care less. 

If you live in an area that gets lots of snow it's good to have concrete measurements to go on. We're all weather fanatics here. Can't look back on events unless we have proper snowfall totals. I go out every 6 hours (if possible) clear the spot measure and add to the total. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

If you live in an area that gets lots of snow it's good to have concrete measurements to go on. We're all weather fanatics here. Can't look back on events unless we have proper snowfall totals. I go out every 6 hours (if possible) clear the spot measure and add to the total. 

Especially with this storm.  Much like LES, the ratios will be relatively high...so settling will be amplified vs. normal 8-10:1 ratios.....

Just now, tim123 said:

wrf going gang busters on south shore. 1.75 to 2 inch liquid  roc to oswego.

This is turning into something special. Winds starting to pick up here.