• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Wow, that's just straight nuts how it went from a Westerly event primarily a WNW event? TugHillMatt, that's just serious bad luck as Ive never seen a season without a blockbuster event at least once a season, nuts!!

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 18 inches possible in the most persistent lake snows. * WHERE...Northern Wayne and Cayuga counties. * WHEN...From Friday evening through Saturday morning. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Narrow bands of heavy snow could impact portions of the region. Localized travel problems will be possible. &&

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

This one will be tricky, with a WSW flow focused on the
Southtowns to near the Buffalo Metro region near the Friday morning
rush hour. Snow rates may reach 1-2"/hr with this band

An overachiever is overdue!!!

Yes!!! Selfishly for the Northtowns!!! 

Interesting part from the AFD:

A band may then become quite intense Friday night along the Southern
Lake Ontario shore from about Wayne County to Oswego County with
snow rates in excess of 2"/hr as is often the case with increased
convergence at night.  There is the possibility that the band may
hug Monroe County as well. These types of bands however typically
remain just north of the Rochester Metro area and sometimes even
have a slight concave appearance on radar. Regardless, this will
probably be the most intense and interesting part of this particular
lake effect event.  The band should begin to weaken and move to the
north on Saturday as winds back with time.

Could be a surprise event for us south shore peeps...maybe even Irondequoit Dave!

32 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

And usually when KBUF sees potential and they throw up a winter storm watch Binghamton usually follows but I don't see that this time as far as Onondaga Madison and So. Cayuga so I wouldn't lose hope just yet.

KBGM not jumping ugly yet on this. There's still a day for modelling to further work on this event...they did mention northern Oneida but were concerned about residence time...also that NAM supposedly shows band getting into Syracuse area for a time. So WTFK...

Went from a wsw flow to “Rochester lakeshore might be the most interesting “ part of the event. Lol. Figures, as I’m going to be near the Tug. 

I was getting a little nervous yesterday as I have family meeting me up there and 2/hr rates would scare them. 

Anyhow, looks like everyone getting in on the love to an extent.  Good luck boys! I’ll be checking in from the north country. 

25 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Still a ways away but surprised you guys aren't talking about the potential snowstorm/historic cold that could be coming in 5-7 days. I'm not fully sold on the system yet but it definitely looks good as of right now 

Lol that's because the GFS is down and we can't see the optics!

2 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Wow, that's just straight nuts how it went from a Westerly event primarily a WNW event? TugHillMatt, that's just serious bad luck as Ive never seen a season without a blockbuster event at least once a season, nuts!!

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 18 inches possible in the most persistent lake snows. * WHERE...Northern Wayne and Cayuga counties. * WHEN...From Friday evening through Saturday morning. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Narrow bands of heavy snow could impact portions of the region. Localized travel problems will be possible. &&

I move to one of the snowiest places in the eastern U.S. and I find myself saying, "Yeah right. We won't get lake effect." Lol

West winds don't exist for longer than a couple hours this winter.

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I move to one of the snowiest places in the eastern U.S. and I find myself saying, "Yeah right. We won't get lake effect." Lol

West winds don't exist for longer than a couple hours this winter.

Lol you'll get your snows...lake Ontario never freezes so you can get lake effect well into the winter months. 

• Like 1

How is your Snow pack hanging in there in Western New York? Looks like you are already down to just a few inches?!?!

Had to shovel the roof today. Snow is knee deep here, so I shouldn't complain. That is still below normal depth for here though...lol

Just went above freezing here...everything is layered in ice now.