• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Rochester's already up to 31F so that already means we're doomed, lol, with lots of liq precip rather than zr!  The pack we have can suck up at least an 1" of liq and still be ok so thats probably the only silver lining in this debacle. From Arctic air then in 1 day up to the low 40's, lol!

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

@Thinksnow18 Did you see the in house models from any of the networks? Do they also show it going that far north? The NAM starts SW and quickly goes W/WNW during Friday then going SW on Saturday an weakening the band.

Yeah Mike has backed off considerably on the LES potential for the weekend in the Metro. He is now looking at Sunday afternoon for our next snow change with accums Sunday night.

Seriously...I was checking models, and it looks like ANOTHER Nw flow quickly transitioning to SW flow. Why can't we get a good WESTERLY flow this winter?!?
This pattern. Grrr

Yeah weird when you read the KBUF discussion they are hyping a up a big event for your area but none of the models really support the idea. Maybe this is where the human factor comes into play? I know they keep talking about the convergence zone setting up down the length of Ontario maybe it’s not really picked up well by the computer? And on the flip side they down play any activity of Erie but if anything the models seem to show a nicer response coming of Erie. I’ll be interested to line up all the midday runs and see what the general consensus is...

• Like 2