• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm? Jan 18-19th, 2019

cyclone77

Jeez the local CBS station in Toledo going with 3-6” for this one. That sounds crazy just going on moisture availability alone honestly. I mean while a legit blizzard with 10-15” would be awesome from an enjoyment standpoint, it’s hard to fathom predicting what amounts to a strong clipper out of this
Toledo specifically is 3 to 6. South, Findlay area is still in the 6 to 12 zone. Models have consistently showing around 10 inches.
f8e3547371b0b0a01f258c97cb4fca81.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi all, just joining the page as WXDisco page crashed last night and still doesn't have it up and running. Came over from WeatherMatrix then to Accuweather forums. Trying to get up to speed as far as runs from last night. Went to bed with 7-11 and woke up this morning to 2-4. I did read that the model runs from yesterday/last night needed to be taken with a grain of salt as the current energy for the thursday system has been sampled and is skewing the energy of the coast. Once that is sampled they stated to look for the corrections back in the original direction with some obvious slight shifts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ryanmkay said:

Hi all, just joining the page as WXDisco page crashed last night and still doesn't have it up and running. Came over from WeatherMatrix then to Accuweather forums. Trying to get up to speed as far as runs from last night. Went to bed with 7-11 and woke up this morning to 2-4. I did read that the model runs from yesterday/last night needed to be taken with a grain of salt as the current energy for the thursday system has been sampled and is skewing the energy of the coast. Once that is sampled they stated to look for the corrections back in the original direction with some obvious slight shifts.

I'm here, too (BuckeyeGal). The Euro shifted south.. and many forecasts/mets hinge their bets on it. Guessing why that happened. But everything is still up in the air. No need to feel like that's set in stone. :)

• Like 1

On the bright side.. Regionally, the area has been Zzzzz for so long just a coating would be a nice reminder of the season we are in. The next 300+ hours look to be an weenies run of the ages.  If Thursdays system continues to trend stronger then the southern weaker scenario would hold with merit.

1 minute ago, DAFF said:

On the bright side.. Regionally, the area has been Zzzzz for so long just a coating would be a nice reminder of the season we are in. The next 300+ hours look to be an weenies run of the ages.  If Thursdays system continues to trend stronger then the southern weaker scenario would hold with merit.

I don’t think that’s the case.

11 minutes ago, ohioamy said:

I'm here, too (BuckeyeGal). The Euro shifted south.. and many forecasts/mets hinge their bets on it. Guessing why that happened. But everything is still up in the air. No need to feel like that's set in stone. :)

I was in panic this morning, lol. I was even a donor but didn't do a whole lot to get me on there :). 68 pages worth of great info, no longer accessible. I've been trying to find the EURO maps and no dice so far aside from the MSLP map with LP positions. I know a lot of the data from the latest runs will obviously have the southern stream as the prominent force in this storm as the other energy is still not sampled. I think there may be a phasing issue with this storm as well. Here's to hoping late tonight, early Thurs. the sampling gets a good handle on this. I was cautiously optimistic for our area and I can see why no mets are really doing much with this until they have the data from the WC energy.

5 minutes ago, ryanmkay said:

I was in panic this morning, lol. I was even a donor but didn't do a whole lot to get me on there :). 68 pages worth of great info, no longer accessible. I've been trying to find the EURO maps and no dice so far aside from the MSLP map with LP positions. I know a lot of the data from the latest runs will obviously have the southern stream as the prominent force in this storm as the other energy is still not sampled. I think there may be a phasing issue with this storm as well. Here's to hoping late tonight, early Thurs. the sampling gets a good handle on this. I was cautiously optimistic for our area and I can see why no mets are really doing much with this until they have the data from the WC energy.

Check weather.us. It's free. This is a close-up of Ohio's snow depth from the 0Z Euro.us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019011600_114_482_215.thumb.png.2f76b3acd884962b43e8c392c1729aae.png

• Like 1

12z NAM with a decent jump north.

Northern stream was slower, and southern stream trough didn’t dig as deep, along with the wave rounding the base much more this run.

Additionally, waves ejecting out ahead of the main southern wave were stronger, and bridged the gap between the southern and northern waves, allowing for some slight phasing.