Total Members
    Most Online
    Malcolm M
    Newest Member
    Malcolm M
Rtd208

E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2018-19 OBS Thread

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

0z CMC and GFS hit S NJ hard 5-10" on both.

They had the inverted trough last month too their horse will be leading the pack by ten lengths.

Jan 18-21 period looks rather intriguing based on teleconnections and energy phasing in historically favorable areas. OP guidance like CMC starting to spit out some fun possibilities. Ensembles are supporting something 'impactful' during this period as well and have been for a little while now.

52 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Cape May jackpot if it verifies....

Excuse me....did you actually say Cape May? Just some light-heartedness. I'd be thrilled, but I'm always ready to share too. So far looking pretty good.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bliz299 said:

Excuse me....did you actually say Cape May? Just some light-heartedness. I'd be thrilled, but I'm always ready to share too. So far looking pretty good.

Been hammering this home for a few days.....double doink up this way but SNJ should make it thru the goalposts. 

Eta: Still expecting c-2" type here with some 3" lollis  closer to S PA and I95. S and E do better tho with this event.

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

95 is so close to being in the game as well. Another little tick N and it's on.

Could also argue that any little ticks S take us all pretty much out of the game but these stj systems even tho sheared out *usually* correct N a few hairs under 72 hrs so we shall see. 

22 minutes ago, Bliz299 said:

Cape may might Jackpot for once! Have fun maybe ill get in some of the action here in South Central Ocean County!:maprain:

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Could also argue that any little ticks S take us all pretty much out of the game but these stj systems even tho sheared out *usually* correct N a few hairs under 72 hrs so we shall see. 

well the good news is we haven't seen any misses south besides that one a month ago. would be cruel irony for this one to do the same thing...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Iceman said:

well the good news is we haven't seen any misses south besides that one a month ago. would be cruel irony for this one to do the same thing...

Hopefully we wont get stuck between the two swaths of snow like the Nam shows. Good thing it is not really reliable in this range.

can we lock this in...hell of a set up with the duel 1040 highs to the north...

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_40.png

Every other global has this storm in one form or another....going to be an epic snowstorm or rainer...looks like a qpf bomb either way. This is the one to watch imo

4 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

can we lock this in...hell of a set up with the duel 1040 highs to the north...

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_40.png

:maprain: Wish this could happen. I think maybe 1-3 for 1-195 southward more down by Atlantic City 3-6.

It would be cool if it snowed during the game in foxboro.

1 hour ago, Bliz299 said:

It's been not uncommon the last few years. Thanks for sharing too! At this point I'm setting my expectations for C-1", hoping for a grass blade coverer (2"). Still room for more but at this point it looks like all WAA here overnight Saturday, hope it holds together.

not a great start to 12z... NAM and ICON both further south giving us all only the WAA snows. would be a C-1" scenario on  both with maybe a few 2-3" lollis. Let's hope the GFS comes in better... seems like everytime we need a N trend we don't get it and when we don't want it, it always occurs.

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

That's what I'm counting on...

• Like 1

How soon we forget the ECM has done this before the last couple winters with false hope in the 96-120hr time frame. Especially painful considering the circumstances this year.

Hey the Ukie beefed up it's qpf to .1-.2.0" for our mid counties, up from .01" lol

Feels like a fake reality we get a hundred inches of rain and now straining to squeeze out a couple of tenths with the first storm chance since mid November. Unreal

My worst possible nightmare from three days ago of two southern sliders sandwiched between a crapload of cutters is going to happen :(