Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

That can be true for southern stream waves that have a lot of convection. Modeling (and GFS in particular) can have a progressive bias, and the latent heat release and resulting ridge building ahead of stronger systems can be underforecast by NWP. 

There is a physical explanation for the NW trend. 

Yea, its not weenie urban legend...latent heat release from convective processes enhance upstream ridging.

39 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

And ukie also

It's coming

But Anthony, just 6 hours ago you said in the NYC forum, that it wasn’t looking good for a hit in NYC...due to teleconnections changing for the worse at the time of this potential system... now you say it’s coming???     

What has changed in 6 hours to make you think this is all of a sudden coming...when we(SNE) are even significantly more north than NYC?? 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But Anthony, just 6 hours ago you said in the NYC forum, that it wasn’t looking good for a hit in NYC...due to teleconnections changing for the worse at the time of this potential system... now you say it’s coming???     

What has changed in 6 hours to make you think this is all of a sudden coming...when we(SNE) are even significantly more north than NYC?? 

And my Father wonders why I troll the weenies. 

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Would like to reinvigorate EPO in the long range.   At least we continue the trend to move the vortex towards the Aleutians....small steps.   I still like the last third of this month for a lot of fun.

Originally I was thinking post 12/25..but could be earlier if guidance like the GEFS is correct.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Originally I was thinking post 12/25..but could be earlier if guidance like the GEFS is correct.

GEFS going to try and pull the rug out from under everyone as a final hurrah before being replaced? 

Although I think there may be a delay in the ensemble system being replaced compared to the deterministic.