Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Michael Banter Thread

Windspeed

3 minutes ago, sakau2007 said:

For a "professional" you sure do a **** job of conversing.

I think deep down you know that I'm right and it is a lot easier to just go explosive on me than actually provide any data that indicates I even might be wrong.

Why should anyone spend time on a **** poster with 60 posts all of them complaining.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keelala said:

I hope someone is in there cleaning up the main thread. I don't mind that my comment got deleted. That sh** is truly unreadable.

This is real amwx though. Our people, at their best. The stuff we build memories on. Not some sick ass technical post, but the time SENC soiled himself in front of us in the aftermath of an epic unexpected storm. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Lets get too the Hull Truth  This is BANTER RIGHT..??

I'm calling you out.

There was no 155mph sustained wind anywhere on the ground in Michael's path.

There was no 140mph sustained wind anywhere on the ground in Michael's path.

There was no 130mph sustained wind anywhere on the ground in Michael's path.

There were 100-110mph sustained winds.  That's a nasty Cat 2, but not a 4 or 5.

There was a stormchaser on the ground, in a truck, that went through the eyewall and into the eye at Mexico Beach.

I know exactly where he was because I've been over there, (visiting a good friend.)  There were also multiple wind gauge readings in the same vicinity -- 110ish gusts, 90-100mph sustained.  Entirely believable given what I saw happen on several live on that streams watching the eyewall and eye pass over him, but not 155.

At 155 his truck would have been lifted and thrown; AKA Rusty Wallace @ Talladega,,  I would have watched him die on live video.  It didn't happen.

Yes, Mexico Beach and parts of PC got trashed -- mostly by surge.  No big shock there.  But most of those buildings you're seeing have intact roofs.  Not all (there's a fair bit of older stuff over there that was not designed to modern codes) THEY are 30 years old, but most.  And that's important because in a Cat4+ storm there's damn near nothing left; that's an EF3 tornado!

Hurricanes are nasty but let's stop with the bull****.  The video coming in (and the livestreams) do not support Cat 4 or 5 winds -- and neither does the available set of data from wind gauges right at impact.  In the same videos you see someone's roof go flying there's a billboard that's standing proud, tall and undamaged.  That does not happen in a Cat 4 storm.

The reason you board up your house is in evidence right there in those videos.  In a Cat 4 or 5 it does not matter as the entire building, unless it's reinforced concrete or similar, will be flattened.  If you get surged you're screwed.  The reason you board up your house is that in a Cat 1, 2 and moderate 3 if your house and roof is up to code and if you do not get hit with surge it will remain intact right up until the guy down the street, who doesn't have a place up to said code or has a bunch of crap laying around in his yard winds up generating missiles that go through your windows!

The "homes that were there and were moved" and are destroyed are nearly all mobile homes - and there are a lot of them in that area.That's very typical Cat 2 damage; most to all mobile homes will be destroyed in a Cat 2.  They simply cannot take 100mph winds.

Peace out..

Experienced Hurricane Survivor, Since 1969

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SENC said:

Lets get too the Hull Truth  This is BANTER RIGHT..??

I'm calling you out.

There was no 155mph sustained wind anywhere on the ground in Michael's path.

There was no 140mph sustained wind anywhere on the ground in Michael's path.

There was no 130mph sustained wind anywhere on the ground in Michael's path.

There were 100-110mph sustained winds.  That's a nasty Cat 2, but not a 4 or 5.

There was a stormchaser on the ground, in a truck, that went through the eyewall and into the eye at Mexico Beach.

I know exactly where he was because I've been over there, (visiting a good friend.)  There were also multiple wind gauge readings in the same vicinity -- 110ish gusts, 90-100mph sustained.  Entirely believable given what I saw happen on several live on that streams watching the eyewall and eye pass over him, but not 155.

At 155 his truck would have been lifted and thrown; AKA Rusty Wallace @ Talladega,,  I would have watched him die on live video.  It didn't happen.

Yes, Mexico Beach and parts of PC got trashed -- mostly by surge.  No big shock there.  But most of those buildings you're seeing have intact roofs.  Not all (there's a fair bit of older stuff over there that was not designed to modern codes) THEY are 30 years old, but most.  And that's important because in a Cat4+ storm there's damn near nothing left; that's an EF3 tornado!

Hurricanes are nasty but let's stop with the bull****.  The video coming in (and the livestreams) do not support Cat 4 or 5 winds -- and neither does the available set of data from wind gauges right at impact.  In the same videos you see someone's roof go flying there's a billboard that's standing proud, tall and undamaged.  That does not happen in a Cat 4 storm.

The reason you board up your house is in evidence right there in those videos.  In a Cat 4 or 5 it does not matter as the entire building, unless it's reinforced concrete or similar, will be flattened.  If you get surged you're screwed.  The reason you board up your house is that in a Cat 1, 2 and moderate 3 if your house and roof is up to code and if you do not get hit with surge it will remain intact right up until the guy down the street, who doesn't have a place up to said code or has a bunch of crap laying around in his yard winds up generating missiles that go through your windows!

The "homes that were there and were moved" and are destroyed are nearly all mobile homes - and there are a lot of them in that area.That's very typical Cat 2 damage; most to all mobile homes will be destroyed in a Cat 2.  They simply cannot take 100mph winds.

Peace out..

Experienced Hurricane Survivor, Since 1969

Can anyone else read this ransom note? I want to know how much money they need.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Animal said:

People are shocked what occurs when you get winds blowing around 80-100 mph.

of course there will be trees down & poorly built structures collapse.

You have to remember, several quotes here from other members.. building(s) in the area(s) were 30+ years old, in other words, NOT up to "Hurricane" codes, AND Lotsa Mobile homes.. They said so them selves.. NOW they, (you know who you are) claiming Cat 5 Winds "destroyed" everything,, on Winds that didn't exist? (based on destruction)? double Standard don't you think? ON 30+ year old homes?

And yet DENY Data from Buoys?  sorry @Lookout, I gotta say my piece.. I'm Sincerely, sorry Dude.. I've lived through so MANY Canes  since 1969, this was a  CAT 2 at Landfall..

Hypocrites.. 

1 minute ago, SENC said:

You have to remember, several quotes here from other members.. building(s) in the area(s) were 30+ years old, in other words, NOT up to "Hurricane" codes, AND Lotsa Mobile homes.. They said so them selves.. NOW they, (you know who you are) claiming Cat 5 Winds "destroyed" everything,, on Winds that didn't exist? (based on destruction)? double Standard don't you think? ON 30+ year old homes?

And yet DENY Data from Buoys?  sorry @Lookout, I gotta say my piece.. I'm Sincerely, sorry Dude.. I've lived through so MANY Canes  since 1969, this was a  CAT 2 at Landfall..

Hypocrites.. 

Did you live through this one too? Or are you just speaking out of your ace from NC?

2 minutes ago, SENC said:

Hypocrites.. 

I didnt see any posts saying anything about a cat 5. Can you link me up please?

1 minute ago, SENC said:

Strong Cat one.. I'm seeing the exact same damage.. (Yes I went through the eyewall of Florence), I reside 7 miles from landfall..

Interesting that the day of Florence I didn't see any significant wind damage video's, and actually heard most officials and storm chasers saying that the wind damage wasn't bad at all around Wilmington or anywhere else. A stark contrast from this storm huh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fourseasons said:

*Stands on soapbox*

All of the "This storm isn't as bad as what I've seen/experienced/read on the internet" is pathetic. 

Get over yourselves.

*Gets off soapbox and puts it into storage*

You might want to keep it handy, unfortunately I don't think the truth teller is finished.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SENC said:

You WISH you were Josh. No I don't travel the "world" chasing, though done a few of My  own here, homegrown, dude, you only WISH you could,, .. Stay in the mountains where you'll feel safe & secure  in your Safe Space, only snow (flakes),, too affect you.. Have a great Winter BTW.. 

Why did you put “world” in quotation marks as if it were a hoax or something?

• Like 1