Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Snow and other Observations

KamuSnow

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

You can see where the line is (right over your backyard...lol) -

radar-03202018.png

lol yep.  Sounds like my windows are being sandblasted.  Though, I can add rain as a p-type now.  It is currently raining/sleeting/snowing.  How about that 50 MPH gust at the Brandywine Shoal.  Pretty intense for the "weaker" part 1.  

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor AmWx seems to have crashed. Have been getting the Cloudflare error where it says (in part) - "The most likely cause is that something on your server is hogging resources."  All I could think of was maybe Ji.  :lmao:

Currently 32 with mix of sleet and some flakes mixed in.  Whatever dusting was on the cold surfaces is gone - pulverized by the sleet.

12 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Poor AmWx seems to have crashed. Have been getting the Cloudflare error where it says (in part) - "The most likely cause is that something on your server is hogging resources."  All I could think of was maybe Ji.  :lmao:

Currently 32 with mix of sleet and some flakes mixed in.  Whatever dusting was on the cold surfaces is gone - pulverized by the sleet.

Been having the same problem - couldn't get into any thread.

Mainly sleet here for a while, and when it gets heavier, some snow mixes in. Got a coating of sleet on the driveway anyway, good bed for more snow later. Temp hovering around 30F.

Let's try this again, lol.

After getting about 1/4" sleet on top of the dusting of snow, now have pancake flakes, with no rain or ip mixed in at the moment.  Temp is 32 w/dp 16.  The flakes are melting on the walks and street at the moment whereas the sleet had actually started accumulating a bit on the colder parts of the asphalt.

1 hour ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Blame the MA forum, Euro PBP

I had similar thoughts, and part of me thought, they've earned the opportunity to have an ecstatic meltdown, but I sure like to be able to share it here too! Like the 18z NAM looks great! And it's settled back into mostly light snow here for now, 30F currently.

2 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

Changed back over to snow you can see the sleet line sagging back south

Yuppers.  Haven't had chance to really delve into the legends on my GRLevel3 radar maps but I know the bottom blues are snow and the top greens are rain, so the in-between from bottom to top are probably sleet and then ZR (as separate filters) -

radar2-03202018.png

It sucks so bad the board went down, all i had to go on was weathergirl10's report of "several inches of snow already" in the lehigh valley and coastesville! For real multiple times she said the same thing, im thinking wtf is happening nothing but flurries and a minute amount of sleet here.

32.4F

Round one blows chunks even worse then the 0z ECM call lol

Just now, Bluescat1 said:

I am surprised they haven't gone to def-con 1 and called a storm mode on the board?

Exactly!!!  We used to go through that in the past and it really helped (I think they may have done it at least once over the summer with the hurricanes).  Basically kill the avatar pics and signatures and that made a big difference.

My pancake flakes are starting to stick on the sleet coatings where they exist.

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

Exactly!!!  We used to go through that in the past and it really helped (I think they may have done it at least once over the summer with the hurricanes).  Basically kill the avatar pics and signatures and that made a big difference.

My pancake flakes are starting to stick on the sleet coatings where they exist.

My driveway is about to turn white with the nice sleet bed we have down. 29.8F with light to moderate snow now.

7 minutes ago, RedSky said:

It sucks so bad the board went down, all i had to go on was weathergirl10's report of "several inches of snow already" in the lehigh valley and coastesville! For real multiple times she said the same thing, im thinking wtf is happening nothing but flurries and a minute amount of sleet here.

32.4F

Round one blows chunks even worse then the 0z ECM call lol

A dusting of sleet here in Berks. Nowhere near a couple of inches of snow. In fact, I've barely seen any snowflakes.

Archived