Newest Member
    joxey
March 12-13 possible coastal event

The Iceman

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

If you think about it, snow cover for several days entering mid-March....doesn't happen often. And today/tomorrow only hanging in the upper 30s, we may eek out a couple more days.

light snow/ 32.7F

I've been enjoying that as well. Melts pretty fast in the sun regardless with daytime temps in the 40's, but it's hanging in there pretty well in the shade. Nights below freezing helps a lot. Here is the snow pile this morning as exhibit A (although it's in the sun, lol). Not bad for almost a week later. Got 0.4" here last night, gonna count it as a win just getting accumulation again :-).

Snowpile_3-13-18.jpg

1 minute ago, maytownpawx said:

3" here in western Lancaster county. 

Last week I was expecting 10" and got nothing. Last night I was expecting a coating and got 3". Go figure. 

Wow that's a pretty nice little surprise event. That band that formed yesterday evening really performed for you guys. No models had anywhere close to that out there.

Just now, The Iceman said:

Wow that's a pretty nice little surprise event. That band that formed yesterday evening really performed for you guys. No models had anywhere close to that out there.

Yes sir. Went to bed around 11:30 with just over 1" and the snow had tapered...was shocked to get up at 6:00am see a fresh 2" had fallen overnight. I must have been in the "jackpot" zone, as most reports from Lanco were in the 1" - 3" range, with the higher totals mostly N&W of Lancaster city. 

52 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

The snow pile has a nice shape, like a Brontosaurus, wouldn't you say?

Brontosaurus-Snowpile_3-13-18.jpg

The "bump" looks like a camel as well? That was my first thought....

May get some snow showers/snow squalls tomorrow afternoon.....even a coating / .5" to refresh again then decently cold tomorrow night as well.

Winds starting to pick up/howl...30mph+

5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

There r 2 more threats the next 10 days....one light end of week one more substantial March 20-22. Dont hang your head yet. You only trail by one run in the 9th and you have runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

Line drive into left field runner on 3rd scores we will see what happens with the one from second he is going for the plate it's going to be close

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

The snow pile has a nice shape, like a Brontosaurus, wouldn't you say?

Brontosaurus-Snowpile_3-13-18.jpg

It might have been helpful if you had him hold your sawzall and reach to where you needed! :lol: 

Ended up with 0.5" (compacted) that is all pretty much gone now.  Currently partly cloudy and 36F, with the west winds really kicking up.

8 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

The "bump" looks like a camel as well? That was my first thought....

May get some snow showers/snow squalls tomorrow afternoon.....even a coating / .5" to refresh again then decently cold tomorrow night as well.

Winds starting to pick up/howl...30mph+

Today is the one year anniversary of the sleet storm (actually tomorrow the 14th, but it was on a Tuesday), and the next day we got half an inch more from on and off snow showers from around 11 am to 5 pm. Maybe we can do a repeat.

6 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

It might have been helpful if you had him hold your sawzall and reach to where you needed! :lol: 

Ended up with 0.5" (compacted) that is all pretty much gone now.  Currently partly cloudy and 36F, with the west winds really kicking up.

Lol, tape it to his tail. They probably eat a lot, grocery bill might be huge.

5 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Lol, tape it to his tail. They probably eat a lot, grocery bill might be huge.

They were supposedly vegetarians so you could use it like a giant goat to clear out brush and any branches a couple dozen feet up. :D

As a note, even though the high today here was colder than yesterday (40 vs 42), some of the plowed mounds here from the earlier storm have been melting faster today than they did before this last little storm.

Archived