Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7-8 possible snow threat

The Iceman

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

You're good then.  Yeah this is why the rain/snow line will be critical and may shift/waver inland and back to the coast depending on the low placement.  Near Central Philly & Bucks, the ocean really is only about 50 - 60 miles due east.

Yeah right. Where in the hell is this southwest 800MB WIND coming from.

My bad.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Yeah right. Where in the hell is this southwest 800MB WIND coming from.

My bad.

Also you have the dynamic where "warm air rises and cold air sinks" so that mixing gets stuff churning up yonder in the atmosphere.

Streamers incoming (I know some folks have posted some obs of some type of precip from up north) -

radar-03062018.png

Took a few hours off from the shenanigans. Come back and see the GFS with that little shift east, the rest holding true. We are good to go. At this point, time to go make dinner for the wife and get ready to barely get any sleep! Gotta wake up at 5 to make the call about opening my offices and then sitting on the heated glass porch and watching it dump. See you all in the game time thread.

Man I have no idea of the track record of the RAP but if its correct 12-16 inches of snow by 4pm tomorrow. Also has rain/snow line way south of the other guidance. Man I hope its on to something! If the 00z NAM agrees, it will be time to lock in 8-10 inches for extreme SEPA with possibly more.

3 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

Are the HRRR and RAP considered good models? They have rain line way south of SEPA.

In their long range they are hit and miss. I've found them helpful in the 6-12 hour timeframe though and for spotting trends. The fact both are coming in colder is very promising imo

6 hours ago, RedSky said:

1.50-1.75" qpf blob over the meat of this region. Also an area of 1.75-2.0" a little west and SW of Kamu like the earlier NAM runs had  he could be near the bulls eye. Coldest model of the suite as well with snow east of I95.

ECM usually isn't overly wet it's an awesome run

I expect a Mt Washington size snow pile from Kamu or i will be disappointed.

Lol....here is the remainder from last Friday, taken around noon today. Spent the afternoon picking up sticks etc. from the same storm, so that pile of branches down below is a lot bigger now. Not sure about the energy supply for shoveling tomorrow....I did call the place I occasionally rent equipment from and asked about availability of a Bobcat or other small loader for tomorrow, but they're all out, mostly because of storm cleanup. I had a feeling that would be the case, and that's okay - I don't know if the Euro would reimburse me if we wound up with only 2" here.

But we'll see what we can do by hand :lol:.

snow-pile_3-06-18.jpg

Archived