Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

I like where I'm sitting for this one. Would be my greatest single-storm snow total ever.

Of course I'd feel more comfortable if we can bring this inside 24 hours.

march7euro4.png

If the euro is right and the east gets the jackpot again.... I'm going to have an epic meltdown!!!

3 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

If the euro is right and the east gets the jackpot again.... I'm going to have an epic meltdown!!!

Its going to phase later...just watch and wait.

I like being east for this one.......remember, the -PNA won't help matters relative to phase time. It's deconstructive interference with the NAO, and will try to move it along like we saw with the flizzard on Friday.

24 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I really don't know what the GFS is doing sometimes. 21z Wed it has BOS at 37, and the Bourgouin ptype is rain. Yet 925 mb is like -2C, and as low as 958 mb is -1C. 

That's classic GFS. People might be scared to hit the warm bias at the sfc on that model after last Friday, but it is still there. It didn't magically disappear. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's classic GFS. People might be scared to hit the warm bias at the sfc on that model after last Friday, but it is still there. It didn't magically disappear. 

You just don't get this casual mixed layer when you're ripping heavy precip.

Like if that really is a result of a seasonality bias, where it's spring so the model is forced to mix out, maybe turn that off or down?

Archived