Newest Member
    joxey
February Mid/Long Range Discussion

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Up to .4-.5 qpf now. Lol. So we're getting the precip we hoped for but need to shave 5-8 degree at the surface. That's going to be tough but at least there's precip. Ji said it would make him happy if we can just get some precip out of the event. 

Definitely going to be tough.  I think the more juice it has the better chance it ends as snow.

Just now, Interstate said:

The GFS would be a nice two part for the 5/6

one of my favorite kinds of storm....overcast...cold and periods of accumulating snow over 1-2 days. Id take this storm and call it a winter. Ill even delete the panic thread

Just now, Ji said:

Icon says...we dont celeberate Super Bowl in Germany. I wonder if the stronger Friday wave of Low pressure on the ICON is somehow screwing up with the sunday potnetial.

A stronger system Friday most likely kills Sunday or Monday.  Models often won’t grasp that at this range and they’ll try to show back to back events but it almost never occurs.  The first or both of the events typically have to be overrunning induced.  If the first event is a deep low or involves a phase it’s pretty tough to get anything on its heels 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If nothing else...that's the first real back to back epic op runs all winter. 

fyp, since that awful 4 day stretch in late Dec had some pretty enticing runs, but this seems different and better for sure. None of that phantom juiced stj crap that we saw. I like our chances, and having multiple threats inside of day 10 is a good thing to see for sure. 

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

A stronger system Friday most likely kills Sunday or Monday.  Models often won’t grasp that at this range and they’ll try to show back to back events but it almost never occurs.  The first or both of the events typically have to be overrunning induced.  If the first event is a deep low or involves a phase it’s pretty tough to get anything on its heels 

Didn't the Blizzard of 96 have a decent storm right on it heels?

Didn't the Blizzard of 96 have a decent storm right on it heels?
It was one week later but we did get a 3 inch mini event right after blizzard of 96. The storm one week after 96 blizzard worried alot of mets cause models had 15-18 inches at one point. We got 6

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived