Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

If ROC scores more snow today than BUF I quit...

They will we’ve been getting shafted all day, can’t mess with that eastern extent of the band. I chased that bad boy through Wyoming and they had at least a foot on the ground.

Pretty epic day with the band hammering OP during the Bills game (not to mention they pulled out a win).  Looks like it's still cranking big time in the same general area that was hit hard all day.  Anyone see any totals yet?  Gotta think someone's approaching 18 inches by now.  

I was down in the East Aurora area early afternoon, hiking at Hunter's Creek.  Was on the south edge of the band at that location.  We all know how localized lake effect is, but it always amazes me when I experience it on foot.  There was just a light spray of snow in the parking area on the south side of Hunter's when I got there around 12:30.  Snow picked up noticeably as I hiked north towards 20A, to the point it was easily over 1"/hr.  Then experienced reverse hiking back south.  Drive home on the 400 through the heart of the band was fantastic!!

Here's a shot from the hike

IMG_0584.JPG

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Well, KBUF office going big. 18z came in north. I'm not sold. Everything will have to be on the backside. 

Got 3" surprise stuff today. 

18z runs are questionable. May just be a blip. 

Long ways to go before the wind shift.  Can see the artic front dropping south.  Wonder if we will have an area wide squall line push that band to the south?  Seems pretty moisture rich! 

IMG_4405.PNG

• Like 1