joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I know. Just being overly cautious. 

Unrelated but WHY did I bench Big Ben over Matt Ryan tonight? Ryan has been average at best in FF this year and in the playoff game he gives me 5 points. I deserve to lose. 

giphy.gif

This snow is the only good thing that has happened to me this week. 

My opponent has Kamara...sucks for the player but happy for me.  

48 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

This storm has all the makings of a big event, as in 6-10" at BWI.  I'll be more than a little surprised if it doesn't perform to that level. But I'm not saying at this point it's likely.  I "think" that changes after 12z runs, barring an unforeseen disaster.

Bold statement. But you've been on this storm train the whole week, so why not?

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

I think that once this storm comes and goes that for any future ones that mean business there will be more of an effort to keep posts on point.

There needs to be a "moderate yourself" campaign. Everyone gets all hurt when posts start disappearing, so teaching folks to think before hitting submit in the storm threads is the way to go.

Now, how to do that? You need a catch-phrase! 

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

There needs to be a "moderate yourself" campaign. Everyone gets all hurt when posts start disappearing, so teaching folks to think before hitting submit in the storm threads.

Now, how to do that...?

Good luck with that. I have preached self moderation quite often over the years, which is much preferable then having the moderators coming in and putting their foot down. But unfortunately you get those who only come in during events who don't give a dam posting whatever crap they want and of course it is down hill from there as the regulars start jumping on them. It is what it is and short of barring people from threads I don't think there is much hope.

The mid-Atlantic subforum has some of the knowledgeable and respected members on the board, and that says a lot because there are a ton in other sub forums as well. But we should take pride in our storm discussion threads, and equal pride in our storm banter threads. The banter in here is always entertaining, but keep it in its place.

I need someone to start humming Glory, Glory Alleluia to keep going.

I think its a fair criticism that we have let things go a bit much with this first threat.  Probably because most of us if not all of us didn't really think this was going to trend our way.  There have been a few posters that have crapped up the threads.  That needs to be dealt with. 

i'll let the powers that be decide what approach to take.  No point in going back through all of last nights posts to weed stuff out.

I really do wish people would self censor but that seems impossible. 

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

I think its a fair criticism that we have let things go a bit much with this first threat.  Probably because most of us if not all of us didn't really think this was going to trend our way.  There have been a few posters that have crapped up the threads.  That needs to be dealt with. 

i'll let the powers that be decide what approach to take.  No point in going back through all of last nights posts to weed stuff out.

Feed habitual transgressors to the Reaper. He gets his quota and we get a cleaner thread. Win, win.

46 minutes ago, H2O said:

To be fair, this system didn't have legs until we all started rooting for it.  Don't mess with karma, brother.

so.. i guess im in? point and click has 2-4, LWX snow map has 3"

could be worse. could be much better, but could be worse.

on a serious note, super stoked for you southerners. seriously. i get all the fun marginal events while you guys get rain. so to cash in on a nice coastal storm is def a great way to the start the winter.

now get your (general you) posts together so I dont spent my day hiding them. :) 

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

There needs to be a "moderate yourself" campaign. Everyone gets all hurt when posts start disappearing, so teaching folks to think before hitting submit in the storm threads is the way to go.

Now, how to do that? You need a catch-phrase! 

Exactly why I eta so much! :snowing:

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This is kind of funny, but I'm going to use the mower to get a final cut in and get up the last of the leaves today.  Growing up in PG, I have fond memories of building snowmen in the winter that were covered with dirty, wet leaves and twigs, but I want better now.

Found a pic of you as a kid.  I feel your pain.

LL_sticksleaves-1024x716.jpg

15 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This is kind of funny, but I'm going to use the mower to get a final cut in and get up the last of the leaves today.  Growing up in PG, I have fond memories of building snowmen in the winter that were covered with dirty, wet leaves and twigs, but I want better now.

Heh - I did that last Sunday - hoping that maybe it would pay off this weekend. Fingers crossed.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived