• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
12Z Model Thread 12/22

Guest someguy

I think it's just about time to ring the dinner bell.

THANK YOU....

I think I have the rep as being not a snow mongerer

but if I see something I aint afraid to go for it If I see it

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we think we'll start seeing watches tomorrow if the 0Z GFS continues to reflect the EURO solution? Or will we see more conservative treatment until we're closer to the event? WFOs are very cognisant of the timing of the storm and the impacts on holiday travel.

Usually, I would say no. However, tens of thousands of people (myself included) will likely be stranded at various hub airports along the East Coast. Nobody has truly honked on the media circuit at this point. I suspect that this will start tonight.

I thought you were going for an OTS solution?

I don't believe I made a statement as such. I did express concern about the H5 pattern depicted on the GFS. However, one cannot ignore the trend. When the GFS begins to trend towards the Euro, the gold standard is to place the Euro on a pedestal.

Based on the 12z GFS run and the 12z euro run from today, is it fair to say that the solution may be somewhere between the two? Are we congratulating ourselves a little early?

Why does their have to be a compromise? The euro hasn't budged one bit to the GFS

Members,

Due to the high activity with the pending event, AmericanWx is entering in what is called Storm mode. Additional temporary moderators are added and the normal warn and suspend protocols are removed. Moderators will now have the power to automatically remove your posts and or suspend you without warning. Moderators will create ONE thread that you may mix banter and weather in. KEEP ALL BANTER in this thread ONLY. Please see below the new policies/rules that are put into affect under Storm Mode:

1. Cross thread trolling will not be permitted on the weather side. If you are in a region other than your own with the sole purpose of starting trouble, you will be suspended without question.

2. Model threads will be cleared of unrelated discussion, empty "smiley posts", personal attacks, and analysis without any basis. Even the most basic and rudimentary analysis would be appreciated.

3. In model threads, repetitive questions such as “how much for…..” etc will be deleted.

4. Please respect the professionals that post here. They will make forecasts as they are comfortable but continued pestering or badgering of them with "How much for...?" will result in the quickest exit from this board. We will not be tolerant of abusive or trolling behavior.

5. If you post a forecast, please have some sound reasoning behind it. IMBY forecasts also known as wishcasts will likely end up in OT or deleted.

6. DO NOT link threads that have nothing to do with weather or weather forecasting from any other board. Do not link threads from other boards that contain cross feuding or dealing with personal issues.

Temp Moderators

Ct Rain

EtauntonMa

Stratuslove

NJHurricane

Forkyfork

WxUsaf

QueencityWx

Isopycnic

famartin

Archived