Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter Thread

George BM

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Jesus, North Balti Zen goes off the deep end cause of a little disco about the NAM at h5.  Its been mentioned in all the Irma threads on the board -- the SE forum and the main forum. 

He needs the night off

I don't think any harm was meant by anyone.  We might be reaching the point where everyone's a little touchy because of many nights staying up to follow late-night model runs.  Daylight savings can't end soon enough.  I want my long-range 00z GFS before midnight.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Yoda, I actually engaged and wonderdog called angst. God forbid someone mention how out to lunch that run was and that it was NAM so inherently suspect. But I know a lot of you want destruction up here so you all jumped me. Have at it. I hope you get your mid Atlantic flying death and destruction that you all want so badly. I am sure the nam is the light to that path.

Huh?  Please post the names of the posters who want that.  Thanks

I guess that guy and DonS too need the night off. **** off yoda. Seriously. I've been here awhile now. It's probably okay for me to express skepticism over that run and what it saw at h5 that the globals missed from the prior runs.

JFC.  I was discussing it at fooking h5.  With the trough.  Where the hell did I say it was going to be right?

EJ. Chill is pretty up front about it. They're not alone. Folks want an event here that's tropical. That's fine. But it is extreme wishcasting to look at the NAM and take much of anything from that in my view, and I don't think i am crazy for saying that or that my saying so in the discussion thread was some kind of foul. If Ian was around and did so, you wouldn't have said **** about it being said.

EJ. Chill is pretty up front about it. They're not alone. Folks want an event here that's tropical. That's fine. But it is extreme wishcasting to look at the NAM and taken much of anything from that in my view, and I don't think i am crazy for saying that or that my saying so in the discussion thread was some kind of foul. If Ian was around and did so, you wouldn't have said **** about it being said.

EJ is terrible.  I have pointed that out before on here and in numerous threads and its been seen by many.  I don't care if Ian or Randy was here, I still would have mentioned it.

7 hours ago, yoda said:

Jesus, North Balti Zen goes off the deep end cause of a little disco about the NAM at h5.  Its been mentioned in all the Irma threads on the board -- the SE forum and the main forum. 

He needs the night off

Just because it gets mentioned by crap posters elsewhere all of a sudden gives it validation?

JFC, yoda.  i'm sorry but you've been here a long time like me and have been told time and time again by EVERYONE who knows weather that the NAM is a turd out that far yet here we are with you and others trying to make it legit since it all of a sudden showed our area back in the game.  

NO other global is showing the NAM.  

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If I were a mod, I would have lit that place up :rolleyes:

I don't have an issue with us talking (briefly) about 500h or whatever on the NAM, but we all have been around here to know when to talk about it and when to wrap it up. It's really that simple. Oh well, we were bound to have a blow up. 

One of the worst ways for me to start a morning is to come in and see a disco thread that has gone to &#$%$%^#$.

Its been cleaned up some but if it happens again I will Irma all over someone.  What that means I have no idea.

1 minute ago, H2O said:

One of the worst ways for me to start a morning is to come in and see a disco thread that has gone to &#$%$%^#$.

Its been cleaned up some but if it happens again I will Irma all over someone.  What that means I have no idea.

Irma all over someone? Is that code speak for something I don't want to know? :o

Sorry for whatever part I played. I guess I don't believe I was expressing "angst", which is what set me off with the post that was quoted. I thought mentioning that the NAM was ridiculously outside the cone and probably not leading the way was reasonable. I freely admit to not being and will probably never be as weather savvy at this as WxWatcher, Chill, Yoda, you, and a lot of other non-pros I could name, but I have learned a thing or two in the last seven years on this board from reading more than I post, my post count aside, and that NAM run was screamingly suspect. In any event, sorry for you having to clean up and my part in that.

8 hours ago, yoda said:

He needs the night off

You want to discuss the NAM then go the main thread where its a train wreck.

Thanks

45 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Sorry for whatever part I played. I guess I don't believe I was expressing "angst", which is what set me off with the post that was quoted. I thought mentioning that the NAM was ridiculously outside the cone and probably not leading the way was reasonable. I freely admit to not being and will probably never be as weather savvy at this as WxWatcher, Chill, Yoda, you, and a lot of other non-pros I could name, but I have learned a thing or two in the last seven years on this board from reading more than I post, my post count aside, and that NAM run was screamingly suspect. In any event, sorry for you having to clean up and my part in that.

You're fine. Seriously, someone should have messaged me, I would have seen that. Yoda can go post the NAM in the main thread.  ITS THE NAM LONG RANGE TROPICAL. FFS. 

Do your thing. I got you. 

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The realization that this is the first of many major fails for our backyards these next few months is sinking in for some. 

Man I've never been so bearish about an upcoming winter. 

I see. That sucks. Its still one heck of a thing to watch even if it doesn't impact us. 

I'm probably more of an EJ than I'm willing to admit.

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The realization that this is the first of many major fails for our backyards these next few months is sinking in for some. 

Man I've never been so bearish about an upcoming winter. 

It also figures that it trends west the one time you want an eastward trend. 

Still at least it's not like that certain storm almost 2 years ago. ;)

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I fully expect a worse "winter" than the last one. Ugh. 

:lol: 

I just try to follow as objectively as I can for tropical and let the chips fall man. I've learned a lot over the years and learned a great deal with this track. We're close enough in time where I just need to wait and see what's going to happen. Winter is probably a little different. Screw everyone else, I want snow IMBY. 

Eh, its hard to do worse lol. But if it can be done, the  DC area will do it.  I will say this, if we don't see some persistent, meaningful blocking materialize, it could be ugly.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived