Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Haha, I think everyone tries to keep reality in here a bit.  When it looks hot, it looks hot.  When it looks nice, it looks nice.  I don't spend a lot of time looking at the day 7-10 stuff in the summer at all.

My weather is also quite a bit different from that down in CT, so its hard to compare sometimes.  Lots of times Kev is humid with dews in the 60s while we are 75/53 up here.  The highest average maximum at MVL is 82F I believe in mid-summer.  We do get a lot of highs in the 70s during the summer so its not like its a cool pattern...just very enjoyable weather for doing outside recreation. 

Yesterday is a prime example... lots of warm readings of 90F at BDL, 88F at CON, and the high up here was 78F. 

Of course our opinions will be different when we get those types of days. 

I hear ya -

Speak of the devil ... he may get waaay more than he bargained for mid month +

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This looks one hell of a humid month. I mean many ER's jammed with ballz surgically removed from legs type stuff. Hope folks are ready for the massive , extended dew assault 

By the time it hits it will be close to mid-July when posts will begin about folks first noticing the later sunrise/set.

13 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah they just ignored the Euro backing off any real cooling days 6-10. Was a pretty warm, Dewey run

Lol I asked you a question, besides haven't looked at the Euro in a couple of days. Been in outside summer mode. 5 hour river tube float today in the beautiful weather. 

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well no one posts about that except you to yourself 

6 minutes gone already and by the end of the week, we'll be losing at a rate of more than a minute/day and well over 2 minutes/day by months end.  Let the foliage clock begin--they might even be getting some color in West Chesterfield.

• Like 1

Yup, days are shorter and leaves may as well be changing...   No sense in even thinking about Summer on July 5.  In fact, why even bother with summer?  Shyt, should just leaf right out into colors, huh - because hell ...Halloween's a done deal ... 

'Cept there's 108 days of heat potential left...and plenty of evenings where it's still light after 7 pm too -

No matter how you'all spin it ... summer is not half over.   Enjoy the long days and mild to warm to hot weather depending.  If you need to invent sandboxes with words so you can bury your heads in a fantasy,  ...that's that Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder talking.  It just sounds weird when posts offer up, "Yep, its already getting dark earlier" on July 5 - haha.  Of course it is...  June 22nd gets dark sooner than June 21...  But, Dec 22nd gets dark later than Dec 21... You're still in summer!

It's a real condition by the way ...anti-S.A.D...  This kind of weird posting spin tactic exposes the return users in here that really should just relocate to Barrow Alaska.  Then you won't have to annex a weather forum for your season support group -

Just bustin' balz...  I can sense a little dimming in the evening seriously, ...there's a long haul.  We know you want winter 365 days of the year but unnnfortunately, this is the wrong latitude for that. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yup, days are shorter and leaves may as well be changing...   No sense in even thinking about Summer on July 5.  In fact, why even bother with summer?  Shyt, should just leaf right out into colors, huh - because hell ...Halloween's a done deal ... 

'Cept there's 108 days of heat potential left...and plenty of evenings where it's still light after 7 pm too -

No matter how you'all spin it ... summer is not half over.   Enjoy the long days and mild to warm to hot weather depending.  If you need to invent sandboxes with words so you can bury your heads in a fantasy,  ...that's that Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder talking.  It just sounds weird when posts offer up, "Yep, its already getting dark earlier" on July 5 - haha.  Of course it is...  June 22nd gets dark sooner than June 21...  But, Dec 22nd gets dark later than Dec 21... You're still in summer!

It's a real condition by the way ...anti-S.A.D...  This kind of weird posting spin tactic exposes the return users in here that really should just relocate to Barrow Alaska.  Then you won't have to annex a weather forum for your season support group -

Just bustin' balz...  I can sense a little dimming in the evening seriously, ...there's a long haul.  We know you want winter 365 days of the year but unnnfortunately, this is the wrong latitude for that. 

There's maybe 2-3 posters here that don't like summer and summer type wx. Everyone else very much enjoy it 

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There's maybe 2-3 posters here that don't like summer and summer type wx. Everyone else very much enjoy it 

Probably accurate if "summer type wx" is 82/52.  The anti crowd is lots more numerous if the definition is 95/72.

Tip's "108 days" works for part of the region, but since it extends thru about Oct. 20 it's invalid for my area - all (micro)climate is local?  One criterion I use for "heat" (as opposed to warmth) is a daily mean of 70+.  In 19 years here, only one day later than Sept. 11 (9/26/2007) hit that mark, and my max temp in October is 80.  Of course, this whole "days getting shorter, summer is on the downslide" is pure snark.

I feel like until we get this heat ridge in the Plains moved, we'll be prone to getting these shots of cooler air that look better as we get closer to T=0.  You can see signs of it on the ensembles. Sure the muted out ensemble mean may have 564+ thickness, but the 500mb pattern shows a trough right over the northeast. That's usually a sign of at least potential shots of cooler air, despite the muted out ensemble mean.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I feel like until we get this heat ridge in the Plains moved, we'll be prone to getting these shots of cooler air that look better as we get closer to T=0.  You can see signs of it on the ensembles. Sure the muted out ensemble mean may have 564+ thickness, but the 500mb pattern shows a trough right over the northeast. That's usually a sign of at least potential shots of cooler air, despite the muted out ensemble mean.

Every cool shot modifies to normal to SAN. The one this week , the one last week, and the one early next week. They all model cool and then modify right up to end 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

And for the most part we are in the wrong latitude for 95/70 but that is what is trying to be defined as typical summer weather, which if not embraced, makes you a summer hater. Yesterday was an exactly normal 84 degree day IMBY with comfortable humidity. I enjoyed it very much for any outdoor activity. 95 or 70 dew points I will never feel bodily comfortable being outside for any length of time. I would say the same with - 10 windchills during winter. Doesn't mean I don't love 20 with SN+ 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Every cool shot modifies to normal to SAN. The one this week , the one last week, and the one early next week. They all model cool and then modify right up to end 

COCadoodledewless wow epic days. Perfect out here. We vaca

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Huh? The point was folks always talk cool and 70's and BN in SNE and each cool shot has been low-mid 80's lol

Last week the Tolland Stem had 5 days that had highs below 80.0F.  

You mean like all those days that were in the 70s we're really low to mid 80s?  You were probably even cooler.

IMG_6316.PNG.4d75afb1094af68eaa826a19f92808a1.PNG

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I bet the HS is shocked at all the hits Tolland STEM is getting.....and it's used to disprove Kevin's meteorology. :lol:

You just can't avoid it when he says every time people mention 70s it's really low to mid 80s....then you look it up and find most of the days last week had highs in the 70s for him.

• Like 1

I don't have my data in front of me but I've put up negative departures several of the past few days, mostly on the minimums.  Everyone I've talked to is loving this weather and is out doing things in it.  They are not waiting for more humid weather.  It's perfect weather to have warm days and lows in the 50s.

FWIW, my 30+ year climate normal for 7/5 is 80/58.  My lows have been between 50 and 54.  I reach my peak on 7/23 with 81/59 but I believe that some places, particularly up north with hit theirs shortly.  I know someone posted a chart at some point with those dates in the past.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Last week the Tolland Stem had 5 days that had highs below 80.0F.  

You mean like all those days that were in the 70s we're really low to mid 80s?  You were probably even cooler.

IMG_6316.PNG.4d75afb1094af68eaa826a19f92808a1.PNG

What were all the ASOS stations for highs and lows that Scooter and mets say we should use and not private stations?