Welcome to American Weather
MAG5035

Central PA - Fall 2017

618 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

Finally have power back on...Came on around midnight last night.

Good deal! I've seen videos/photos of the damage up in that area. You guys got rocked.

I'm going to pat my own back and say I totally called that one by the way. :)

I was at TGIF in state college when it went through so i wasnt even home to see it / know how bad it was?

Definitely flood advisory worthy conditions around here this morning. Some small streams are out, poor drainage flooding, significant runoff, etc. This ended up being a pretty impressive rainstorm overnight into the first part of this morning. 

Oh yea, and here is that -NAO we were waiting for all winter. 

4indices.thumb.png.de39999586e75a7bc1ed130fd1a47734.png

I'm told 2" over home. By the sounds of it, the farther you head west in Cumberland County, the more rain they received. There are a lot of issues in Cumberland County!

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm told 2" over home. By the sounds of it, the farther you head west in Cumberland County, the more rain they received. There are a lot of issues in Cumberland County!

Had 1.4" when I left this morning around 8:15, so I'm guessing 2.2" at least. It was POURING between 9-10.

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Had 1.4" when I left this morning around 8:15, so I'm guessing 2.2" at least. It was POURING between 9-10.

i hope its done now

It looks like more showers are developing in western PA & down in VA. They will rotate in to most of CTP by later this morning & this afternoon.

It also looks to be cold at night this coming week. Most days have lows in the 30's with more frost & freeze for some of us. It looks like some snow flakes may even fly over northern & western parts of our region according to CTP.

I have a huge conference I'm responsible for Thursday and Friday, and Thursday I have three different walking tours (one in the morning, two in the afternoon before 5 p.m.).

What are the rain chances looking like Thursday? Trying to decide if I need to go buy 30 umbrellas for guests ...

Back edge of the precipitation shield is moving closer as I type. Looks like I might end up with about 8-10 by the time all is said and done... :snowwindow:

Just kidding. Actually, so far 0.81" of rain today.

:P:P:P

Holy crap this week is gonna be a scorcher. Near 90 every day Wed on at MDT.

Glad we will be in Chicago wheee it'll be more temperate. 

On 5/29/2017 at 11:07 AM, Wmsptwx said:

Tomorrow is looking pretty damn interesting to me, downpours and storms. 

Yep, i thought there would be more activity in here. Looking like some CPA areas good get smacked

Why is Cumberland county under a severe thunderstorm watch? It's 65 with a east wind and low level clouds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro