Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 10th event model discussion and obs

cae

3 minutes ago, Wxhoov said:

Haha no its fine! and yeah thats what i was kinda figuring. Just be nice to have alittle something to hold us over till tuesday

I think an inch or two is in play for you and Mappy (Most likely an inch). She's right about accumulations being mainly on the grassy and shaded areas. By the afternoon, snow will be melting away again due to the March sun angle, but watch out for potential snow squalls in the PM!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wxhoov said:

Haha no its fine! and yeah thats what i was kinda figuring. Just be nice to have alittle something to hold us over till tuesday

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than a slushy inch. 

45 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Yeah I did. I'm not talking about whether it's going to snow tomorrow. I was simply affirming your sentence to wait for the 18Z and see if they hold, which would be a good thing. 

Oh, my bad.  Yeah, we are warm, but the dewpoint thoughts have a lot of merit.  We can cool really quickly from where we are now.

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

FWIW, latest NAM is quite a bit more wintry than the 12z run.

Around the 10th of February when everything was warm I scheduled tomorrow off of work to do some outside work at my daughter's house. I mean, hell, I figured then we'd be in the 80's by early March, right? Now this. I don't care, I'll be outside, just not in a suit, but I'll be outside working in it.....sob of a bast***, &$%#@%(&^#^(*&%^$#%$&*

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think this is actually pretty reasonable given temps. Places north along the line hover right at freezing the entire time, with dews dropping into upper 20s. 

hires_snow_harrisburg_25.png

Id be surprised if nws dont put up wwa for pa mason dixon counties

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think this is actually pretty reasonable given temps. Places north along the line hover right at freezing the entire time, with dews dropping into upper 20s. 

I agree. I don't think I see anything but melting pancakes down this way.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

Hard to nail something like this down.  2 diff in temps and you go from none to twice that for the M/D line on south.

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Hard to nail something like this down.  2 diff in temps and you go from none to twice that for the M/D line on south.

Well sure. North Korea could fire a nuke too and we would all be ****ed. 

BUT the map I posted is reasonable, if things happen the way the 4km NAM is suggesting. I didn't think I had to spell that out ;) 

Just now, mappy said:

were you? seemed like you were criticizing my post. 

If that's the case, then yes! could go really good, or really bad. 

I'm never really critical of anybody's postings. Sorry you thought that. I guess I'm too lazy to be really communicative when typing.

What I was saying is yes, while reasonable, if the models are off by just a tiny bit, we might get a surprise, good or bad.

Let's hope for the good.  At least you have to like the trends (modeled trends that is).

3 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Despite that pretty HRRR map posted, the HRRR doesnt have BWI below 35F.

I've been saying that south of I-70 is going to have a hard time getting any accumulation outside areas like Damascus and Parrs Ridge. Snow will fall IMO, but it'll be a nuisance, especially during the time of it changing over possibly around peak rush hour. That'll be fun!

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I'm never really critical of anybody's postings. Sorry you thought that. I guess I'm too lazy to be really communicative when typing.

What I was saying is yes, while reasonable, if the models are off by just a tiny bit, we might get a surprise, good or bad.

Let's hope for the good.  At least you have to like the trends (modeled trends that is).

No worries, friend :) 

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I was impressed by how swift you were at cutting down potential sources of dissent. 

Nah, wasn't like that at all. I misread his post. We are cool. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived