Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem IV!

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

You know, model progs are looking a little mid level magical for Monday. Pretty decent f-gen from 850-700 mb, closed/closing lows provide some deformation. I would say the forcing isn't half bad from BID to the Canal on the GFS and Euro.

Problem is there could be some saturation issues (GFS has a 75-80% area lurking around the Pike) so the lift wouldn't really amount to much. I do hate the GFS QPF output though.

models have been trending better, I actually thought the NAM was better over the Cape and Islands for Monday.  Very potent shortwave energy.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

models have been trending better, I actually thought the NAM was better over the Cape and Islands for Monday.  Very potent shortwave energy.

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

OceanSTWx, the GFS shows better QPF output for Cape and Islands on Monday.

Meh, it's got like a tenth for ACK. But I think it has the potential to be better than that if we saturate. The NAM has the same problem the GFS does. The forcing is there, but the snow growth zone is not saturated. All that lift is wasted on crap snow growth.

That to me is the biggest limiting factor right now, moisture. Otherwise it could be a sneaky near advisory event for some.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Meh, it's got like a tenth for ACK. But I think it has the potential to be better than that if we saturate. The NAM has the same problem the GFS does. The forcing is there, but the snow growth zone is not saturated. All that lift is wasted on crap snow growth.

That to me is the biggest limiting factor right now, moisture. Otherwise it could be a sneaky near advisory event for some.

What do you think of the shortwave itself?  Pretty impressive dynamics.  The 00z CMC is on steroids for the Monday system after the Super Bowl.  If a system like that happened the EURO and CMC would be the first to see it unfold.

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

What do you think of the shortwave itself?  Pretty impressive dynamics.  The 00z CMC is on steroids for the Monday system after the Super Bowl.  If a system like that happened the EURO and CMC would be the first to see it unfold.

It really doesn't matter how dynamic the shortwave is if it doesn't have any moisture to work with. You'll just get hours of flakes that add up to a half inch if you're lucky.

If models moisten up for Monday, then you have something to work with because the lift is there.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I don't think they ever left, it's been so warm.

Scott, I think you are right! I guess I can say, I'm very happy for ski area(s), people that love winter sports etc...I own an irrigation company going on about 30 years...however, I love snow, I love snow removal etc, yup i am debbie downer today......After July 4th, I say to my wife, we now start a slow process to fall then winter...she always wants to kill me!

5 minutes ago, 512high said:

Scott, I think you are right! I guess I can say, I'm very happy for ski area(s), people that love winter sports etc...I own an irrigation company going on about 30 years...however, I love snow, I love snow removal etc, yup i am debbie downer today......After July 4th, I say to my wife, we now start a slow process to fall then winter...she always wants to kill me!

Next 15 days or so seems like it will have some action.

Archived