Newest Member
    joxey
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh the horror of that map!  

I was in like Flynn for a solid foot or at least 8-10" of snow even if it shifted one way or the other a small bit.  

Alas, ended with only a couple of sleety/pellet-esque inches.  What made this one really bad is we had a good 72hrs of <32 temps to follow for preservation. 

1 minute ago, CaryWx said:

I remember someone jumping on the thread very late Thursday telling us the NAM was basically calling bullocks on the other models for location and amounts

I don't remember any model predicting that much rain...if we had received all sleet and 1" of snow I would have been ecstatic.  When you look at that Euro map 24 hours nobody would have predicted that much rain.

3 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

I remember someone jumping on the thread very late Thursday telling us the NAM was basically calling bullocks on the other models for location and amounts

I said it back when that threat was just showing up: Always go with the warmest/driest model -- the one that shows the least snow.  I'm going to follow that rule to the letter this year!

Just now, packbacker said:

I don't remember any model predicting that much rain...if we had received all sleet and 1" of snow I would have been ecstatic.  When you look at that Euro map 24 hours nobody would have predicted that much rain.

pack,  I thought it was the NAM that told us 850s would never make it in time for the Triangle....they crashed waaay late or very early Sat morning here.

1 minute ago, CaryWx said:

pack,  I thought it was the NAM that told us 850s would never make it in time for the Triangle....they crashed waaay late or very early Sat morning here.

It was never 90% rain...predominately sleet with some snow.

Here was what transpired...first time looking at it.

image.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Charlotte busted pretty bad too. We did well in Lake Norman and further N&W. Grit and myself rode the sleet line for quite a while.

Yes, yes we did. Cold was not entrenched as modeled. I'm not bitter though, you, wow, and grit cashed in. 85 corridor is where doves cry.

Archived