12-29 Storm Threat and Obs

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dan76 said:

MWN

Thursday

Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 19. Wind chill values as low as -20. Windy, with a southeast wind 30 to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Thursday Night

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -20. Very windy, with an east wind 35 to 45 mph becoming west 75 to 85 mph. Winds could gust as high as 100 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 18 to 24 inches possible.

Friday

Snow likely, mainly before 1pm, then a chance of snow showers after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 12. Very windy, with a west wind 65 to 75 mph decreasing to 55 to 65 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 90 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

38" on the high end and gusts to 100mph!!! Sign me up. Though I'm sure all you would see up there is white as in total white out so it might get old fast. Regardless looks like a good storm for the mountains in general 

49 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I would be shocked if anyone away from the higher elevations of NW NJ and Western Orange County saw more than 2".

I like 2-4" for mby. Those 5"+ amounts will be confined to Sullivan/ W Ulster counties. Maybe areas above 1200' can squeeze out 5" but I doubt it. That boundary layer is gonna heat up in a hurry. 

43 minutes ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

the upper levels are all cold enough for snow north of 78. surface temps near or just above freezing with incoming heavy precip so it's tending colder. only question is can we see some flakes before the rainB)

ua_con_850t.gif

925mb is much warmer than 850mb this time. It's already 37F here in Hunts Point/Soundview. Bronx is going to be all rain...maybe the 300' hilltops near Riverdale/Van Cortland Pk get a few mangled flakes.

10 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Very cold here, whatever's falling is blowing around like dust on paved surfaces

10 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Very cold here, whatever's falling is blowing around like dust on paved surfaces

well you should be in a great spot to enjoy some snow,the radar is blowing up quite nicely as well and it is pretty cold. here in the city not so much,it's 35 here in the bronx although who knows up here anymore it sez rain and it snows instead lol..

1 minute ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

well you should be in a great spot to enjoy some snow,the radar is blowing up quite nicely as well and it is pretty cold. here in the city not so much,it's 35 here in the bronx although who knows up here anymore it sez rain and it snows instead lol..

Yea it's amazing here at the base of the gunks, I'm sitting at 26F while about 10-15 miles to my south Newburgh is close to 32-33F...

steady snow now falling full coating OTG

Archived