Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

9 minutes ago, Jmister said:

Looks like another swing and a miss for severe storms in Central PA. As expected, the clouds and showers never allowed for destabilization. We're still 57 degrees despite a forecast high of 67. 

Considering last year I think we had 2-3 "exciting" severe days to track, this year is already way ahead of schedule.

Weve become experts at seeing stuff go poof before our very eyes...or at the dreaded 8 day window.  I"m ok w/ this one though.

N  E  X t......

Nut

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

So someone just sent me an email saying the NWS said biggest severe weather shifted south/East of I-99 and the main focus is now in the LSV?

I think they are 1 update behind.  Sounds like its now south of the MD line.

Nut

CRAZY.

The National Weather Service says Chicago had no snow in January or February, a first in 146 years http://cbsn.ws/2ldy8ft

Also not surprising wind warnings out for overnight. 20-30, gusts possible to 45.

Wind advisory says guests 45 - 55 which means you'll record a 60 mph gust. Actually, the wind direction may be your friend this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, canderson said:

CRAZY.

The National Weather Service says Chicago had no snow in January or February, a first in 146 years http://cbsn.ws/2ldy8ft

Also not surprising wind warnings out for overnight. 20-30, gusts possible to 45.

That is insane.. I didn't realize Chicago had been going through that kind of a snow drought. Video for whatever reason wouldn't load so I went looking for other sources for more details. One of the local news articles mentioned Chicago has recorded 0.6" in Jan/Feb (0.6" fell in Jan, Feb with a T) and has not recorded a snow cover (defined as at least an inch on the ground) since Christmas day. The 0.6" Jan/Feb combo beats the previous lows of 2.5" (1931) and 2.9" (1922). The only other two Febs with just a T recorded were in 1998 and 1987. 

http://wgntv.com/2017/02/28/first-time-in-recorded-history-no-snow-on-ground-in-chicago-in-january-and-february/

16 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

That is insane.. I didn't realize Chicago had been going through that kind of a snow drought. Video for whatever reason wouldn't load so I went looking for other sources for more details. One of the local news articles mentioned Chicago has recorded 0.6" in Jan/Feb (0.6" fell in Jan, Feb with a T) and has not recorded a snow cover (defined as at least an inch on the ground) since Christmas day. The 0.6" Jan/Feb combo beats the previous lows of 2.5" (1931) and 2.9" (1922). The only other two Febs with just a T recorded were in 1998 and 1987. 

http://wgntv.com/2017/02/28/first-time-in-recorded-history-no-snow-on-ground-in-chicago-in-january-and-february/

It's just nuts that so many areas have had such a snow drought. 

Enjoy the frosting on Friday  this clipper looks like it might actually survive its trek over the mts. 

Nut. 

47 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Yo Nut,

about 10 years ago on Saint Pats day we had a 9-10 incher

I remember pal.  

How do we make green snow.....??  I only know how to make yellow :)

I'm pretty beat down from this horrid winter, and starting to enter checkout mode...but the MA forum keeps tuggin me back.  

Nut

45 minutes ago, canderson said:

It was actually cold this morning. Yay!

I thought the same.  Weekends looking cold too.  Maybe just maybe some happy hour mood flakes for us.  

Sounds like laurels n western md are gettin a little white love from above this morning.  

5 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Just went through a great squall.  Temp dropped from 38 to 28 in about 15 minutes and picked up a few tenths of an inch of accumulation.  Sun just came back out and the event is over already.  Squalls are great but never last long enough!

Lines breaking up as it descends into my region but hope it hangs on. It looks to be last decent one in my line of fire. 

Nut

Archived