Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

Just now, colonel717 said:

I wouldn't sweat over this yet....  There will continue to be big changes every run.  If we were shown to get crushed you know it would go bad.  We are pretty much fringed and in worse case scenario.  We can pretty much only go up from here.  

True.  I'll try to stay positive. New SREF doesn't look great. Looks north

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can model watch all we want for this first wave but I think nobody will know what we get until it gets here. Precipitation is not going to be the problem. The issue will be how quickly the rain changes to snow. If we change to snow early we get the higher totals and if we stay rain longer we get the lower. I am calling 2-6. JMHAO (Just my humble amateur opinion.)

1 minute ago, north pgh said:

We can model watch all we want for this first wave but I think nobody will know what we get until it gets here. Precipitation is not going to be the problem. The issue will be how quickly the rain changes to snow. If we change to snow early we get the higher totals and if we stay rain longer we get the lower. I am calling 2-6. JMHAO (Just my humble amateur opinion.)

It help that precip starts late evening, and heaviest will be after midnight

1 hour ago, SteelCity08 said:

I stopped worrying about this 2 weeks ago after I saw snow accumulate no problem a day after it was 75 degrees lol.

Yeah I am leaning towards this camp. We will lose some to melting, but the bigger concern is just how quick we flip to snow, the high tomorrow is in the upper 40s so it will be a race to down.

13 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Pattern sure is loaded, no guarantee we get a big storm, but odds are the best they have been all winter. Its at least active with lots of events to keep an eye on. Anyways, how about the wave after the wave after the wave? lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png

The triple phaser?

Archived