joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't mean to rain on everyone's parade but I see the GFS for the next week giving us over a foot of snow with these systems. I see the Canadian giving us 2 or 3. Unfortunately I put my money on the Canadian given our history. I would take half of the GFS but maybe we will luck out on one of these waives.

8 minutes ago, north pgh said:

Don't mean to rain on everyone's parade but I see the GFS for the next week giving us over a foot of snow with these systems. I see the Canadian giving us 2 or 3. Unfortunately I put my money on the Canadian given our history. I would take half of the GFS but maybe we will luck out on one of these waives.

This is how I feel about storms anymore. I'm losing hope in this whole hobby. Big snows just don't happen here often. 

1 minute ago, north pgh said:

:raining:

4 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

This is how I feel about storms anymore. I'm losing hope in this whole hobby. Big snows just don't happen here often. 

I want the big storm too, but logic says not to expect the big one here. But if we can get say 2-4 from Friday, 3-5 from Tuesday and 2-4 from Thursday that would be fine by me.

You haven't rained on my parade. I've had very low expectations from the get go. Apparently the NWS feels the same way with their forecasts so far.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

You haven't rained on my parade. I've had very low expectations from the get go. Apparently the NWS feels the same way with their forecasts so far.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

We are used to rain on our parade... I have high hopes but low expectations..

24 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

We are used to rain on our parade... I have high hopes but low expectations..

The way I look at it we generally score about 10-20% of the storms. With 4 possible wave coming there is a chance we score on one of them. The last time I recall scoring 2 storms close together was Feb 2010 when we had the 20 inch snowfall and then got 8 or 9 inches later in the same week. Anything is possible. It has been 7 years so the odds should be slightly going up in our favor. Haha:facepalm:

BTW winds are howling. It seems like we get more wind advisories then we do snow advisories anymore. At least we have that going for us if you like wind. :lol:

5 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

I just hate that in this run, long island gets pummeled. The rich are getting richer. 

We need this to be dragged further inland. I just don't see it happening. I'm about done with this hobby. Rather focus on my personal training business and sales than put any energy in this. 

11 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

I just hate that in this run, long island gets pummeled. The rich are getting richer. 

I wouldn't sweat over this yet....  There will continue to be big changes every run.  If we were shown to get crushed you know it would go bad.  We are pretty much fringed and in worse case scenario.  We can pretty much only go up from here.  

Archived