Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Wave 2 is dead. Our best chance for snow is wave 1. Wave 3 is on the radar especially being far out but gfs blows this up as a huge Miller a that scrapes the coast. Need this to phase and just amp up. 

I agree, wave 2 effecting us in any meaningful way at this point would require a total model fail, which I don't see happening. Our best bet now is a good wave 1. The faster and weaker wave 2 is probably leaves more room for wave 3 to amplify. I'm not to concerned the GFS is brushing the coast right now, I think its the furthest east with that potential storm as is.

NAM analysis...

12K -is further north and a little faster, giving us the warmer temps and less precip. 

4K- is a little confusing. The precip appears north, but the low pressure center is pretty much in the same spot as the previous run.

Para- Looks to be even a little south, but weaker.

5 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

NAM analysis...

12K -is further north and a little faster, giving us the warmer temps and less precip. 

4K- is a little confusing. The precip appears north, but the low pressure center is pretty much in the same spot as the previous run.

Para- Looks to be even a little south, but weaker.

It was 7mb stronger  Not surprising it went north  Still 48 hours or so to change.

Archived