Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the MA section

GEFS looks pretty tasty around 240-270 before breaking things down a but. The WAR and EPO ridges link up through Greenland and the pole, squashing the PV into Hudson Bay with E-W trough orientation through Canada. Still some SE ridge, but there would still be plenty of cold around with that pattern. I'd like to see this continue for a few runs. Seems like recent runs lost the -NAO look, but this brings it back briefly at least.

•  

On 12/22/2016 at 4:39 PM, CoraopolisWx said:

Mabey we can use the WAR to our advantage this season.

Most of the time the WAR is too strong, and forces everything too far west.

But hopefully with the right timing, we can get a Gulf low to find a way along the edge of the WAR, just east of the App's.

I agree, a little bit of WAR or SE ridge could help push the storm track a bit further inland so seeing that feature isn't as bad for us as compared to those on the coast. I'd like to see that -PNA weaken some because imho that is what is dumping the troughs into the west, if we can move that axis east a bit then its game on for us, especially if we get a good -epo to continually replenish cold air in Canada.

Anyways, waiting for my daughter to wake up this morning and just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas! Hopefully Santa has a nice WPA snow storm in his bag for us in the near future!

Archived