Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Joe, I Got two double IPA's, 2 sours and a 22oz of barley wine my friend made!
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I was just looking through the cabinet to see what I've got for a snowy night. Love single malt so settled on a '92  Balblair Scotch. 

I read on facebook that if you drink whiskey when it snows you'll get an extra 3 inches.

Just some light flurries here.

6 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Idc. I'm still nervous about the lack of precip at this point. You can see the difference in the hourly models.

Yeah, something's not right. I still think the SW mountains get a good hit but it might be iffy up here. We've seen that scenario before where it just slides slightly underneath us. But hey, it's still early.

8 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Yeah, something's not right. I still think the SW mountains get a good hit but it might be iffy up here. We've seen that scenario before where it just slides slightly underneath us. But hey, it's still early.

I mean it makes sense what everyone is saying, but the last time people said it, a 20 inch snowstorm turned into 8 inches really quick for me.

4 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I don't see it but I'm sure you're right. But y'all use those gravel 3's and all those other fancy radars though. 

2 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Lol its there. It's even going to hit Eastern parts of TN so I know it's going to bull doze us. Be patient fellas.

Joe, he doesn't like our skepticism.  Jkjk bro. I'm sure it will. 

I just dropped a couple stones in a tumbler so here in a couple of hours I won't mind near as much!:pepsi:

We might, but you guys from Asheville southward are going to buried. I also see the foothills cashing in too. Once the low gets directly south of us it'll sling a ton of moisture right up against the mountains. 

4 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I just dropped a couple stones in a tumbler so here in a couple of hours I won't mind near as much!:pepsi:

We might, but you guys from Asheville southward are going to buried. I also see the foothills cashing in too. Once the low gets directly south of us it'll sling a ton of moisture right up against the mountains. 

You always do well Joe, even if they say you won't.

Archived