joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2016-17 Winter Discussion

lookingnorth

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see... Weeklies look pretty bad until probably the last week of Jan. Around/after that it looks like some blocking reappears with a -AO/-EPO showing up once the west quiets down and we get what looks to be like a +PNA with the trough in the eastern US as we head into Feb. -EPO wants to persist in that kind of pattern with no sign of the -PNA through the end of the run which ends in Mid-Feb. Feb definitely has a different look compared to what we've been seeing so far this winter.

12 minutes ago, JoMo said:

The GEM has been a bit more impressive the last several runs for those folks down in Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Might be able to pick up an inch or two somewhere down there.

gem_asnow_scus_24.png

Lots of talk on the SE forum about the usual NW trend.  That's all we need at this point.  Doesn't look like it's game over quite yet.  Still plenty of time to trend back in our favor I would think.

Sounds like the UKMET is a solid run at least for OK/AR.  

12z Euro looks the same as it did a few runs ago. Streak of light snow across N KS/ N MO on Thurs night/Fri morning and another little streak across central OK into central AR on Thurs night/Fri morn. Overall, not a big deal, the stuff in N MO probably has best chance of accumulating to an inch or two.

49 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Other than that, 12z Euro is showing a possibility of something frozen next Wed (11th) or so around St. Louis and parts of central MO. Subject to change a lot of course. 

Lol its fantasy anymore man, you know it will come and go and then eventually be gone all together probly haha. Maybe we will all get lucky one of these times though right :)

Is it wrong of me to hope that somewhere in Pine Bluff or Texarkana that there is someone who is going to experience the NW shift that always takes the snow away from us? :snowman: I know it probably won't happen, but I am still holding out hope for a NW shift for the second wave... even if I only get flurries. :)

41 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

Is it wrong of me to hope that somewhere in Pine Bluff or Texarkana that there is someone who is going to experience the NW shift that always takes the snow away from us? :snowman: I know it probably won't happen, but I am still holding out hope for a NW shift for the second wave... even if I only get flurries. :)

I'm ok wishing that as well.  Happens to us all the time.   

Archived