Newest Member
    joxey
Sweet '16 Mid-Long Range Discussion

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NCSNOW said:

I'll take it. Hey if any of you guys follow weber he has a nice write up on Dec 15,1930 storm. Good ole days. Don't think Ive ever seen a storm affet our state as widespread as that one. 2 feet.

Ahh but many of us in SC would only have to go back to Feb. 1973 for 2 feet. I was there, and it was great.

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

That could be pretty bad for spots if most of that is frozen.

Yep...this has potential to be impacting especially if models are off even a little with temps.  Miss still could be suppressed wave and this little to no precip.  Thread may be warranted for this IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Whats the deal with the surge of warm air in East Al/North GA with colder air to the west and East?  I guess we are sandwiched between the arctic air and the wedge in the Carolinas? 

Good question...favorable strength/location of high with snow cover.  Probably a good reason that we are not thinking about. 

IMG_3414.PNG

IMG_3415.PNG

1 hour ago, Jonathang16 said:

The last two feet of snow that I have seen was the blizzard of 93. I do not think we will ever get that much snow in Georgia again. 

Yeah well not very much of SC got nearly that much out of the blizzard of '93. The state as a whole got more out of the blizzard of '73, just not the the northwest corner.

3 hours ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Strat PV really ramping up getting stronger as is the zonal winds so we need some more wave 1 and 2 action to dislodge and split it.The 09-10 year did the same thing when the PV ramped up strong in late Dec early January before breaking down but the pattern went bad for 2 or 3 weeks.I think we'll stay seasonal for a while yet.

GFS is hinting at some action after day 10 so we'll see.

Yep...got ugly quick.  Cohen is under attack on twitter, if his theory fails again this winter he's going to need to go into hiding.  Feel bad for him because he is trolled so hard.

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 4.03.55 PM.png

1 hour ago, NCSNOW said:

current.jpg?1481831686

This is from the upstate NY thread. Big Lake effect snows today. That was a live webcam about 5 mins ago under one of those killer bands. Blessed folks is all I can say.

Check out the Jackson Hole webcams if you want some serious jealousy. Over 190" already this season, and still pouring.

It also happens to be my favorite place in the country, and I'm scrambling to see how I can afford to get out there this year without breaking the bank.

Im a first time poster.  I wouldn't say winter is over.  For me the disappointment continues because I want to have the perfect setup for the holidays, especially 24th (birthday) and 25th.  I know being from SC, and now in NC, the chances are very small, but I have seen snow or ice 3 times on 23rd (early 80s, 1989, and 1992 or 3), once on 26th (2010), and once on 27th (1980).  I digress....lol.

2 minutes ago, Gamecock said:

Im a first time poster.  I wouldn't say winter is over.  For me the disappointment continues because I want to have the perfect setup for the holidays, especially 24th (birthday) and 25th.  I know being from SC, and now in NC, the chances are very small, but I have seen snow or ice 3 times on 23rd (early 80s, 1989, and 1992 or 3), once on 26th (2010), and once on 27th (1980).  I digress....lol.

Welcome! Observations and rational thoughts are always welcome here. Happy Birthday coming up!! Maybe Santa will snow dust us all from Christmas until April. But if (likely) not - this is one heck of a place to get an education, to share thoughts, and to banter when nothing else is going on!

Archived