joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2016 General Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We finally got a decent rain here in Allegan county. It's been a total dust bowl around here. Well water is awful when it's this dry as well. 

I have to agree that working outdoors in these high dew points really sucks. It's not nice for those of us with rheumatic ailments at all.

cool and foggy weather the past couple days. signs of autumn becoming more apparent. 90% of the birds have left already and some tree tops are beginning to show slight color. no afternoon sun on the house at all now until the leaves are gone.  still lots of nice/warm weather to be had.  need it, my wood shed is only 60% of where it needs to be.

3 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

cool and foggy weather the past couple days. signs of autumn becoming more apparent. 90% of the birds have left already and some tree tops are beginning to show slight color. no afternoon sun on the house at all now until the leaves are gone.  still lots of nice/warm weather to be had.  need it, my wood shed is only 60% of where it needs to be.

I actually seen a tree top with slight color change yesterday in Holly. 

The walnut tree in the side yard is turning yellow.  Fairly common in a year in which it is loaded with walnuts, which it was/is.  Some of the cottonwoods are starting to turn as well, which is fairly common in Aug.  Corn is also starting to show signs of drying out.  Yellow starting to show in the lower portions in many fields. 

Topped out at 85. Certain that the 90 hit yesterday will be the last time it will happen for this month until either next month or next Summer. Based on models and weather.com, I have a feeling that the hardcore wet pattern (https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/48684-aug-9-17-heavy-rainflood-threat/) will be a sign that Summer may be about over for the year.

Archived