Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 29-31st Severe Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inadvertently put myself in the wind/hail core right as it went severe here earlier. Some strong gusts and around/under quarter size hail. Don't see any dents on my car thankfully. Definitely satiated my severe storm itch.

Sorry to hear about the house. Sounds like everyone there is safe at least.

getting its act together

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  
TORNADO WARNING  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SPRINGFIELD MO  
904 PM CDT WED MAR 30 2016  

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SPRINGFIELD HAS ISSUED A  

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  
SOUTHERN CHEROKEE COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN KANSAS...  

* UNTIL 930 PM CDT  

* AT 904 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A  
TORNADO WAS LOCATED 7 MILES NORTHWEST OF TREECE...OR 7 MILES EAST OF  
CHETOPA...MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.  

HAZARD...TORNADO AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.  

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION. 

Damage is relatively extensive here at my place.  When I got home about 12:30am I expected some damage, but didn't expect as much as we have.  Windows are technically intact but dirt, debris, water was pushed through the window seals on several of them and windows are dislodged from seals in several cases.  

Sheetrock damage in the game room upstairs when it looks like a bunch of nails worked their way out and the sheetrock flexed and cracked.  Roof is absolutely toast, upstairs HVAC ruined, downstairs dunno yet...

As far so tornadoes go this is small potatoes but still have to go through all the motions as if everything were major damaged.  Glad we have the safe room for the family while I was out of town.  

Damage is relatively extensive here at my place.  When I got home about 12:30am I expected some damage, but didn't expect as much as we have.  Windows are technically intact but dirt, debris, water was pushed through the window seals on several of them and windows are dislodged from seals in several cases.  

Sheetrock damage in the game room upstairs when it looks like a bunch of nails worked their way out and the sheetrock flexed and cracked.  Roof is absolutely toast, upstairs HVAC ruined, downstairs dunno yet...

As far so tornadoes go this is small potatoes but still have to go through all the motions as if everything were major damaged.  Glad we have the safe room for the family while I was out of town.  

That's awful. Sorry that happened to you. 

Was your family at home in the safe room? Did they mention anything they experienced? Was the roof decking extensively damaged? 

That's awful. Sorry that happened to you. 

Was your family at home in the safe room? Did they mention anything they experienced? Was the roof decking extensively damaged? 

Family is ok, hard to say on the roof, my roof is definitely totaled but decking except for a few spots seems in good shape.  

Family is ok, hard to say on the roof, my roof is definitely totaled but decking except for a few spots seems in good shape.  

Well, that's mostly good news. You can always look at the bright side, you're getting a new roof!

They haven't really updated that much other to say there's going to be 2 tornadoes (same storm but lifted). There's at least EF-2 damage. 

Agreed, definitely some EF2 damage in Tulsa, maybe some EF2 damage a few blocks from me.  My area mostly EF0-EF1 damage.  My place EF1.  

Claremore has some EF2 as well from what I've been told.

bc6f38ffcd3ac422fa51bf10565bd72a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I didn't have the worst of the damage at all but seems I had the most fascinating with neighbors and press asking questions about the approx 4x4 piece of plywood impaled through my roof.  

Archived