2/24/16 Severe Thunderstorm Potential

bluewave

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
732 AM EST THU FEB 25 2016

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

1200 AM TSTM WND DMG MASSAPEQUA 40.67N 73.47W
02/25/2016 NASSAU NY BROADCAST MEDIA

LARGE TREE ON HOUSE ON CHICAGO AVENUE AND FOREST AVENUE

Yeah a fishing boat washed ashore. I'm not exactly sure why they sent the little coast guard boat out in that weather. Probably the closest one

Haven't had a chance to head down to the beach year but my dad said sand was drifted across ocean parkway. The last time I saw that was during a November cutter in the 90s that had 70mph south winds and they were using snow plows to get the sand off the road

I'm just guessing, but I bet it's between jones beach and just before Tobay where the new dune line starts. The area in between is like no-mans land.Thy never really built the dunes back up in that area after Sandy.

I'm just guessing, but I bet it's between jones beach and just before Tobay where the new dune line starts. The area in between is like no-mans land.Thy never really built the dunes back up in that area after Sandy.

Yeah that's the far eastern extent of jones beach state park. It's the JFK bird sanctuary. It's just massive. its got to be the largest peice of undeveloped land in Nassau county

Tornado by me was confirmed EF2....pretty amazing for February

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I had trouble uploading my photos yesterday. Will try again. Because of all of the hills and open farmland, you can clearly see the path of distruction. I couldn't believe how quick they started to rebuild as well. The next day they already had a new roof on one of the houses.

I had trouble uploading my photos yesterday. Will try again. Because of all of the hills and open farmland, you can clearly see the path of distruction. I couldn't believe how quick they started to rebuild as well. The next day they already had a new roof on one of the houses.

The Amish around here are no joke. Amazingly hard-working people.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Archived