Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 21/22 threat discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this in another thread:

"Fwiw re:Sunday night, I think by the looks of things the 18z NAM started making a move towards the GFS/Euro. It is much faster moving the precip out, hardly even a noteworthy event on 18Z IMO. I expect 0z NAM to continue more of a subtle move towards the other guidance."

I'm checking right now myself

How so? Is it because it doesn't attack the cold source as much or does it allow more energy to be available for the trailing wave?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm going back over posts from earlier and asking around myself....I honestly don't have the answer for this. I'm thinking it has to do with not blowing the Sunday pm slp up and keeping the confluence/baroclinic zone more favorable for the Tuesday system. The blown up Sunday slp in prior runs also seemed to pull the HP away faster too fwiw.

How so? Is it because it doesn't attack the cold source as much or does it allow more energy to be available for the trailing wave?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I feel like the stronger the initial wave, the future south and east the baroclinic zone will be for the next wave.

I'm not a fan of either of the upcoming threats.

This is no longer a threat. A couple of teases from the NAM and some short range models was all this ever was. Barring a sudden 250 mile shift north this one is toast.

Now our eyes shift to midweek, where according the the last run of the GFS all we need is a mere 800 mile shift east and we are in the bulls eye.

Archived