• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA: Late Winter --> Spring '16...

Mailman

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here. I think since this year really only had one event, the Blizzard in Jan it was hard to really get invested, and even that didn't get everybody. This season basically forced you to quite your hobby cold turkey so now that its coming to an end the withdrawal symptoms have already been mitigated. I'd still take a a 6+ in paste bomb but anything less than that is just nuisance this time of year.

Weve seen quick hitting storms drop 6 inches almost into april before. I feel like after this week midatlantic is done but our climo is different. Although the warm tongue may have something to say about that.

Honestly, I think I'm about ready to stick a fork in this winter. I think anything we get this week will just be a nuisance. Nothing major. It looks like we see a pretty substantial warm up for next week. I'm looking forward to that at this point. Once it hits March, I'm thinking about spring. It's rare to get a major snowstorm from here on out. It has happened, of course, but not too often. You end up seeing more slop this time of the year with warmer temps and higher sun angles.

Holy Torch for next week..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say so, check out these heights on the EPS! 70s should definitely be doable. I'd love to have an above average March and April then ease into normal for May-October. If we end up going to La-Nina though odds probably favor an above average summer too,  but until then this should be enjoyable.

post-328-0-87016500-1456835210_thumb.png

The the way the NAM is handling the low is really strange. If it could phase all those pieces of energy together a little faster it would be good, but as of now the low to the south seems to be stealing all the moisture. It's not a terrible run nonetheless, and maybe close to something bigger?

The the way the NAM is handling the low is really strange. If it could phase all those pieces of energy together a little faster it would be good, but as of now the low to the south seems to be stealing all the moisture. It's not a terrible run nonetheless, and maybe close to something bigger?

I think it would take a miracle to see anything bigger come out of this. We probably don't want to see a phase because most likely the southern low will take over and take the energy away from the NS system.

Maybe we can pull out a nice 2-4 inches before the torch.

gem_asnow_neus_13.png

I agree. If the path stays intact we should see a solid 2-4 inches and some areas 3-5 based on the bulk of the precip coming in later Thurs afternoon and overnight. Shoveling out on Friday   :snowing: and basking in 70's mid next week.   :sun:

This all after strong winds tonight  :twister:  with cold, blustery and snowy tomorrow morning. Maybe even a T-Storm tonight.  :lightning:

Welcome to March!

I'm personally not ready for summer yet.  We've had so much warm weather as it is, barely had winter at all, really.  We lost all of December and several weeks over the last two months.  Now we get a handful of winter days followed by premature summer.

If not for that January storm, this would easily be one of the worst winters in years. 

I'm personally not ready for summer yet. We've had so much warm weather as it is, barely had winter at all, really. We lost all of December and several weeks over the last two months. Now we get a handful of winter days followed by premature summer.

If not for that January storm, this would easily be one of the worst winters in years.

Easily one of the worst that I remember.

I'm personally not ready for summer yet. We've had so much warm weather as it is, barely had winter at all, really. We lost all of December and several weeks over the last two months. Now we get a handful of winter days followed by premature summer.

I'm definitely not ready for summer yet, and actually I'm not a big fan of summer anyway. The heat and humidity just get to me after a while. I'm ready for spring though since the chances start decreasing greatly this time of year for a big storm. I got a little bit lucky with the January storm and you got a lot lucky. A lot here got screwed unfortunately. This definitely hasn't been a good winter overall for this region if you like snowstorms.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm personally not ready for summer yet.  We've had so much warm weather as it is, barely had winter at all, really.  We lost all of December and several weeks over the last two months.  Now we get a handful of winter days followed by premature summer.

I see some people that got 30+ from that storm complaining. I mean yeah, it was a one hit wonder winter, but its likely they experienced the highest total single storm of a lifetime. Couple that with areas that got fringed or completely missed the blizzard and those folks really look foolish. This is probably the worst winter since 05-06, which is how I found the old EasternWx forums Googling for signs of a pattern change.

I'm not ready for summer either, but I'll gladly take 60s and 70s over this so called winter. Maybe I can get the garden in early and have some outside projects done ahead of time and just sit back and cook out, throw back some beers and swim all summer. :sizzle::pepsi:

Archived