• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA: Late Winter --> Spring '16...

Mailman

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone ever recall when a storm was modeled within 4-5 days by multiple models to be a west lakes cutter, and the storm in the end became a coastal/inland runner storm? I seriously never remember that happening.

Usually if this is looking like a lakes cutter it doesnt trend. Lets see what the 0z suite says. If more models latch onto the idea then we are screwed.

From what I can tell the models seem to now be keying in on the second wave, and also slowing down the trough. If you remember the storm was originally looking like a Tuesday-Wednesday deal but its now a Wednesday into Thursday storm. This change has allowed the high pressure in Canada to scoot east out ahead of the storm and is now replaced by a trough in the lakes, so once the storm starts to amp up there is little cold air, and nothing to stop it from tracking almost due North if it deepens and phases fast enough.

Overall trend looks pretty bad right now, but I think it is still worth casually keeping an eye on it for any other changes.

Honestly, when we spring ahead and it stays light until 730. I usually then start wanting warmer weather. So hopefully we get a good snow in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, by then it will by middle of March too, so snow really is just a nuisance that time of year, unless its going to be something big I'd rather move to Spring by mid March. I mean even now as we approach the end of Feb, a 2-4 event is really take it or leave it. The later in the season the bigger more anomalous the storm has to be get my interest.

With that being said, 12z GFS came a bit east, but still tracks the low right over top of us into Erie, similar to UKIE track a couple days ago. It if it phases later, we might have a chance for it go further east before gaining latitude. As currently modeled, with no HP to the North and warm antecedent air mass it would likely just be a warmer version of the last storm.

Archived