• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA: Late Winter --> Spring '16...

Mailman

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the northern energy seems to be weakening with each run. This winter is terrible. Can't wait for severe storms, I have had enough tracking snow.

I hear ya, in a way I guess its a fitting end to this winter for the storm to fizzle out then bomb out in the ocean. I wouldn't rule out another threat around mid month, but I'm rooting against any more snow after this weekend unless its like 12+ paste bomb or something.

Check out this moisture feed out of the gulf for next week.... to bad we couldn't get that in January and have it ride up over top of an arctic air mass!

post-328-0-40203400-1456959025_thumb.jpg

Steve Dimartino tidbit from premium long range thoughts for today

" Meanwhile, the stratosphere is highly volatile with yet another stratospheric warming event starting and a clear PV split at all levels from the stratosphere to the troposphere. The PV is expected to split to Asia and western Europe, which will allow a significant warm up over North America, as forecasted now by all the medium range models. Thereafter though, the PV piece over Europe shifts towards eastern North America, which points to a period of below normal temperatures for mid March on through at least early April."

Steve Dimartino tidbit from premium long range thoughts for today

" Meanwhile, the stratosphere is highly volatile with yet another stratospheric warming event starting and a clear PV split at all levels from the stratosphere to the troposphere. The PV is expected to split to Asia and western Europe, which will allow a significant warm up over North America, as forecasted now by all the medium range models. Thereafter though, the PV piece over Europe shifts towards eastern North America, which points to a period of below normal temperatures for mid March on through at least early April."

:axe:  Where was this a month or 2 ago...

:axe: Where was this a month or 2 ago...

If I remember correctly I think I read late Jan about how Late Feb-Early March was going to be below normal and it hasn't been. I would take this with a grain of salt. Starting next week we could have several days 10-20 degrees above normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everywhere I am looking and what I'm hearing is a coating to an inch (more the further ESE of Pittsburgh you go)

So far we have missed storms to the south, the west, and this one looks like could just miss to the east. The next one will be snow from I-80 and north  :cry:

It's like we have a bubble around us.

Everywhere I am looking and what I'm hearing is a coating to an inch (more the further ESE of Pittsburgh you go)

So far we have missed storms to the south, the west, and this one looks like could just miss to the east. The next one will be snow from I-80 and north :cry:

It's like we have a bubble around us.

This one is a clipper that really won't develop into much. This one I don't feel bad about.

10 days is a long way off.

But the 18z GFS did catch my eye, with a strong HP pressing down, and moisture trying to stream northward.

The only reason I brought it up was because of that strong of a HP, that I haven't seen modeled in awhile.

I told people I wouldnt be surprised to see snow on Easter. That damn PV splitting may prolong winter after our torch.

10 days is a long way off.

But the 18z GFS did catch my eye, with a strong HP pressing down, and moisture trying to stream northward.

The only reason I brought it up was because of that strong of a HP, that I haven't seen modeled in awhile.

MABEY IT WAS YESTERDAY'S 12Z GFS.

NOT SURE WHAT I WAS SEEING, MUST BE LATE SEASON HALLUCINATIONS. LOL

Just look at the long range and it looks like 60-70 stays with us through middle of next week. Sunday, the sun gets an extra hour and with temps rising is Winter done? I was actually hoping for one last dose, but I have started a few yard projects and April doesn't historically give us a lot of snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying the nice weather... When do we start tracking severe storms?

We have to get through another "threat" of a snowstorm first. I for one do not any more snow. It was so nice to get out and golf. But it is Pittsburgh and it's 70 one day and 30 the next.

Archived