• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

Looks like this will be another great storm for WNY (after the season is done, I think many areas out there may end up with just a slightly below normal year for snow, at least compared to out this way in Upstate).  I'm not sure our basements can take more rain though.

Oh my.. :wub: :wub:

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A minor but near unanimous tick to the NW. My concern is with El Niño and past events, this ticking ain't gonna stop until WNY gets dry slotted with wind advisories. Lol. I'm still hopeful. This cake isn't baked yet!

As for the seasons? Winter is far and away my favorite (meteorologically speaking). Severe is interesting but just doesn't capture my heart the way SNOW does. I'm obsessed with snow. I looked at property in Redfield obsessed.

I'll get a little taste of summer in one month as I'll be flying to Maui. So for now, BRING IT

Looks like this will be another great storm for WNY (after the season is done, I think many areas out there may end up with just a slightly below normal year for snow, at least compared to out this way in Upstate).  I'm not sure our basements can take more rain though.

At least KALB gets a chance to break both the least snowiest winter and warmest winter on the record, how often does that happen?

12495245_1191444167534133_85492489508467

Those KALB stats are depressing. I lived there during the 2001-02 winter, which was ranked #2 warmest...till this year. I don't remember much snow that season but must have been just enough to stay off of the worst 10 list. I think we had an early December storm that was 8-9" which probably "saved" the seasonal totals. The following year was epic for ENY, with the back to back 20" storms including the well timed Christmas snowstorm. Of note...even in that warm 01-02 winter, we had 2-3" of snow on May 18th...I remember it well as my wife had badgered me to put tomatoes and some other veggies out in the garden the day before. One of those just smile and shake your head moments...

Also...I just ran into a honey bee outside...it's 57 degrees. This is Feb still, right?

Ayuud, you have to get this book about Buffalos snowstorm history. I'm going to post a few storms later that are amazing.

If i got time to read it lol.. but i'll check it out!

The gfs looks more like an occasional ip mix foreward of the low rather than zr. 850s are just above zero with sub 540 thicknesses

Maybe uncle was on to something? I'm loving that SE nudge on both the Goofus and it's buddy Nam.

Archived