• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

I always thought Bevo was a good compromise between realistic and pessimism, but then he got all googly eyed over that sleet storm last month and I've since decided he can't be trusted. :P

I'm 100% confident you're thinking of someone else. I never gave that storm a chance, but was pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: That "sleet" storm produce 5.1" of snow along with it. I had to actually give a begrudging kudos to NWS for nailing it. That's how little I thought it would materialize.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about visiting GSP one day.. do you guys have one of those public tour program things you do at your WFO?

We offer tours to organized groups. Do you have a group that would like a tour? Usually general public tours are handled with our open house events.  

mackerel's sarcasm all the time in the Feb discussion thread is so awesome.

Your stellar input and wishcasting, in the Feb or storm thread, is always appreciated! Such as:

-It'll trend NW

-Carolina crusher

-Models don't have a clue

-it's just one run, why all the Eeyores

-I heard the models looked good

-I love gifs

I'm 100% confident you're thinking of someone else. I never gave that storm a chance, but was pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: That "sleet" storm produce 5.1" of snow along with it. I had to actually give a begrudging kudos to NWS for nailing it. That's how little I thought it would materialize.

Yeah, that was me being sarcastic and exaggerating your "begrudging kudos." :) 

But while we're on it, do you give next week a chance?

We offer tours to organized groups. Do you have a group that would like a tour? Usually general public tours are handled with our open house events.

The open house events are pretty cool. I did one of those at the Charleston, WV (CRW) WFO about 10 years ago. I also got a chance to do a more personal tour of the RAH WFO, but that was for my senior project.

Yeah, that was me being sarcastic and exaggerating your "begrudging kudos." :)

But while we're on it, do you give next week a chance?

I do not.

But in the spirit of honesty, I never give anything a chance beyond 3-4 days out.

EDIT: Sometimes within 5 days, but that's with solid consensus and consistency 

On the way up, swing by and pick me up! I would like a tour!

we can maybe get a group together from the board. Nothing like a bunch of snow weenies in the GSP NWS office. 

We should go to NCEP headquarters and see where they run the DGEX so we can admire it.

Dude, we can totally get a group.  I don't think GSP would like it very much when they saw the weenie mobile roll in though.  

I can see it now.  "So uhm, why are you not looking at the Euro from 12z? It had 3 inches.  WHY IS IT STILL RAIN IN THE FORECAST".

I don't think it'd go over too well.

BUT, with that said, we can call it the Weenie Tour 2016 and visit all the local offices around GA, SC, NC.  Lets do it.

So I was lurking through the accuweather forums and apparently they had started a thread for the 24th-26th/27th event back in Sunday and it already has nearly 100 pages. LOL! :P

To be fair, it does look to be a big storm for someone and that thread isn't regional specific, but yeah. They don't have a general pattern discussion thread, IIRC.

Archived