• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 22-23 Winter Storm Event..."The Middle Tennessee Mauler"

Carvers Gap

Man Nashville is going to get buried. I feel bad for the west TN peeps though. Big bust for them.

Thanks for the thoughts.  Congrats to the winners.  We obviously lost big at the very last moment.  This will go down as an epic bust.  The on-air mets this morning are--- having a very bad day, I'm sure.  They opened their newscasts with big predictions at 4:30 only to watch it burn on live TV.  I can't imagine being on TV as a met and having something like that go down.  

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I noticed driving in to work this morning was that the wind seemed to be coming from all different directions, but primarily from the east.  I work in Powell (North Knoxville)....so could that be some of the downsloping winds....or is it from the storm system itself?  Either way, I find it hard to believe we are gonna get to the high temps that the HRRR has listed.

One thing I noticed driving in to work this morning was that the wind seemed to be coming from all different directions, but primarily from the east.  I work in Powell (North Knoxville)....so could that be some of the downsloping winds....or is it from the storm system itself?  Either way, I find it hard to believe we are gonna get to the high temps that the HRRR has listed.

Most temps are hovering between 34-37 in the valley right now.  If we get precip to move back in, I wouldn't think they'll warm much beyond where we are now.

(Reposted.  Deleted earlier post because it was showing posted twice--not sure why). 

Well, I actually see a patch of blue sky here where I work near Dandridge.  I guess downsloping doing a number on us here.  Areas from Knoxville and west, where downsloping is less pronounced with a southeast wind, is seeing an increase in precipitation.  Areas east of Knoxville may have to wait a bit. Most of the precipitation is moving more due north than east right now. 

MRX is all over the place with their snow totals...  Overnight which is usually liberal was very pessimistic. Saying 1-4 for all valley outside of far NE TN.  Now as 10 minutes after 9AM this morning they updated their graphic saying 3-6" central valley.  Wonder what caused morning shift to raise amounts from what overnight saw.

post-11228-0-65171600-1453473942_thumb.j

MRX is all over the place with their snow totals...  Overnight which is usually liberal was very pessimistic. Saying 1-4 for all valley outside of far NE TN.  Now as 10 minutes after 9AM this morning they updated their graphic saying 3-6" central valley.  Wonder what caused morning shift to raise amounts from what overnight saw.

If I was a meteorologist forecasting for this area, I would probably have ulcers. 

A similar situation happened in 2006 or 07.  Not sure about the year.  Anyway, I had about 2 inches of snow, while Morristown had 6.  While I drove around Jefferson county TN--I was amazed at the differences in accumulations is just one county.  And as recent as last year, while I was having freezing rain in Sevier country, areas just to my north and east--and toward Morristown were having all snow. 

Both the RAP and HRRR still literally have no snow accumulation for the central and southern valley.  I'm pulling for MRX on this one lol.

It makes you wonder why?  What are they looking at and using as guidance.  I hope they are right but that was unexpected after waking up to everything this morning.

Right now the flow is downsloping Blount, Sevier, Knox but it should end soon.

Anxiously waiting for the flow to change.  Seeing sky and sun doesn't make me feel good right now. Certainly not ready to jump ship, but considering the short range models showing little snow here later doesn't improve my mood.

TDOT traffic cams in Nashville are fun to look at tho.  :)

Archived